This article needs additional citations for verification. (June 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Written by||Laurent Bounoure
|Directed by||Olivier Bonnet|
|Voices of||Jennifer Seguin
|Country of origin||Belgium
|No. of episodes||52|
|Running time||13 minutes|
|Production company(s)||Canal J
|Original release||September 1, 2003 – February 19, 2006|
This section contains content that is written like an advertisement. (October 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Both the comic strip and the TV show cover all the passions and interests of 8 to 12-year-old boys. The main character, Kid Paddle, is your typical young boy with a passionate love for video games, comic books, Blorks (fictional aliens), and sci-fi television. His two best friends are Big Bang and Horace. Big Bang is more of a kid scientist, who is always creating new gadgets for Kid to try out. He is very intelligent for his age. Horace is more naive compared to the other two, and has a very bizarre appetite. He's always very supportive of Kid and looks up to him. As is typical for young children, Kid often fights with his sister, Carol, who finds her brother to be a degenerate air-head.
Regular features cover video games, movies and DVDs, technology, and comic books. By the second season some of the story lines revolved around crushes and the differences between boys and girls. Two seasons of 26 half-hour episodes (each consisting of two 11-minute episodes) have been produced thus far. It's not clear as of 2006 if a third season will be produced. The show has a huge following in its Belgian homeland, as well as in France. It entertains its target market well, but is also appealing for all ages.
Originally, four cartoons were developed for television, which are listed below. Then, an additional 48 episodes were ordered:
1. Arachnoid Menace - Horace accidentally eats a spider under a park bench after Kid and Big Bang talked to him about how to eat bugs.
2. Lights, Camera...Cut! - Kid wants to win a contest, so he counts on Big Bang and Horace to help him.
3. Summer Camp Fugitives - Kid and his friends are sent to a not-so-fun summer camp, powered by not-so-friendly G.I. Jane! Kid is the only one who can save his pals - by challenging Jane to a thumb wrestling battle.
4. Game Not Over! - The school bully wants Big Bang and Kid to fix his broken portable video game system. Kid tries it out at City Games, making the games malfunction in the area. The game hater Mr. Mirador notices this, then takes away the game! Will Kid and Big Bang retrieve it?
- Jennifer Seguin - Kid
- Daniel Brochu – Big Bang
- Eleanor Noble - Horace
- Arthur Holden - Mr. Paddle
- Pauline Little - Carole
- Jessica Kardos – Max
- A.J. Henderson - Grandpa Paddle
- Villain Games
- Total Carnage
- Apocalypse Boy
- Full Metal Casquette
- Alien Chantilly
- Rodeo Blork
- Paddle... My name is Kid Paddle
- Boing! Boing! Bunk!
- Dark Love
- The Return of the Mummy that Stinks Of Sweat
- Panik Room
Video game adaptations
- Kid Paddle: Puzzle Monsters is an iPad and iPhone video game based on the comic series and published by Anuman Interactive in 2009.
- "Television Program Logs". Canadian Radio-television and Telecommunications Commission. 2016-03-02. Archived from the original on 2016-05-16.
- "[Communiqué de presse] Le Jeu Vidéo et les Bandes Dessinées Kid Paddle débarquent sur l'iPhone et l'iPod Touch - Jeux iPhone, Android, 3DS, PS Vita... Tout le jeu mobile et les consoles portables !". Retrieved 14 February 2016.