|Owner||Civil Aviation Authority|
|Serves||Kidepo Valley National Park, Uganda|
|Elevation AMSL||3,700 ft / 1,128 m|
Kidepo Airport (ICAO: HUKD) is an airfield in Northern Region, Uganda. The airport is at Lomej, approximately 3 kilometres (2 mi) south of the headquarters of Kidepo Valley National Park, and 456 kilometres (283 mi) northeast of Entebbe International Airport, the country’s largest civilian and military airport.
Kidepo Airport is one of twelve upcountry airports that are administered by the Uganda Civil Aviation Authority, and one of the five upcountry airports that are authorized to handle cross-border air traffic from member countries of the East African Community, in an effort to promote tourism in Eastern Africa. The other airports with similar authorization are Arua Airport, Gulu Airport, Kasese Airport, and Kisoro Airport.
The airport is situated at an elevation of 3,700 feet (1,128 m) above sea level. It has a single unpaved runway which measures 1,500 metres (4,921 ft) in length and 21 metres (69 ft) in width, although aeronautical charts give the runway length as 1,494 metres (4,902 ft).
- Kidepo Valley National Park
- Civil Aviation Authority of Uganda
- List of airports in Uganda
- East African Community
- "Kidepo Valley National Park". Uganda Wildlife Authority. Archived from the original on 6 August 2011.
The Civil Aviation Authority manages an airstrip at Lomej about 3 km south of the Park Headquarters.
- "Nautical Distance Between Kidepo and Entebbe with Map". Distance Calculator. GlobeFeed.com.
- "Aerodromes". Uganda Civil Aviation Authority. Archived from the original on 2010-02-16.
- "Aeronautical chart showing HUKD with elevation and runway length". SkyVector. Retrieved 14 August 2013.
- "Upgrading Aerodromes In Uganda: Arua, Kasese, Gulu , Pakuba, Kisoro and Kidepo" (PDF). Civil Aviation Authority, Uganda. 12 April 2010. Archived from the original (PDF) on 25 April 2012.