Kids for Character
Kids for Character was a program that was released on VHS in April 23, 1996. It was a charity special about moral character that featured many different children's characters. It was produced by The Character Counts! Coalition and was distributed by Lyrick Studios. The host of the show is Tom Selleck. Music is composed by Joe Phillips who was best known for his work on the Barney Franchises since 1995. Kids for Character Choices Count vhs released in 1997.
- The Puzzle Place - Julie recaps the episode "Finder's Keepers" used to teach Trustworthiness.
- Barney & Friends - In this skit created for this video, Barney as well as Min, Shawn, and Tosha teach Baby Bop about Respect through song.
- The Magic School Bus - The episode "Wet All Over" is used to teach Responsibility.
- Lamb Chop's Play-Along - Lamb Chop and Shari Lewis talk about the time when she had to split jelly beans between Lamb Chop and Charlie Horse in a lesson on Fairness.
- Gullah Gullah Island - The episode "The Binyah Binyah Polliwog Show" to show the importance of Caring.
- Babar - The episode "Babar's Triumph" is used to reinforce the importance of Citizenship.
Special Characters Guest Stars
- Bananas in Pyjamas (Choices Count)
- The Big Comfy Couch (Choices Count)
- Wishbone (Choices Count)
- The Cat in the Hat
- Fred Flintstone and Barney Rubble
- George Jetson
- Kino of Storytime
- Peter Rabbit
- Ronald McDonald
- Spot the Dog
- Thomas the Tank Engine
- Woody Woodpecker
- Yogi Bear and Boo-Boo Bear
- Mark Augustine as Principal/Joey
- King Babar as Himself
- Vanessa Baden as Herself
- Mia Barrington as Tiffany
- Brittany Bentley as Sarah
- John David Bennett as Shawn
- Binyah Binyah as Himself
- Lamb Chop as Herself
- Hope Cervantes as Tosha
- Alyson Court as Loonette
- Barney the Dinosaur as Himself
- Ron Daise as Himself
- Natalie Daise as Herself
- James Edward Coleman as Himself
- Taborah Johnson as Auntie Macassar
- Shari Lewis as Herself
- Tessa Ludwick as Principal/Katie
- Pia Manalo as Min
- Bryan Nguen as Himself
- Eddie Coker as Himself
- Jay López as Various Characters
- Jack Mountford as Patrick
- Ana Christina Randolph as Marisol
- Tom Selleck as The Narrator
- Fred Stinson as Major Bedhead
- Bob Stutt as Molly and Snicklefritze
- Wesley Taylor as Wesley
- Lily Tomlin as Ms. Frizzle (footage)
- Daniel DeSanto as Carlos Ramon (footage)
- Alice Dinnean as Julie (footage)
- Lisa Yamanaka as Wanda Li and Flora (footage)
- Danny Tamberelli as Arnold Perlstein (footage)
- Karina Kelly as The Narrator
- Andre Ottley-Lorant as Tim Jamal (footage)
- Erica Luttrell as Keesha Franklin (footage)
- Sandie Lillingston as Amy (footage)
- Peter Linz as Skye (footage)
- Noel Macneal as Leon (footage)
- Tara Meyer as Dorothy Ann (footage)
- Stuart Stone as Ralphie Tennelli (footage)
- Maia Filar as Phoebe Terese (footage)
- Shannon Duff as Tiffany (footage)
- Carmen Osbahr as Kiki (footage)
- Jeremy Scrivener as Morgan (footage)
- Bob West as Barney (footage)
- Julie Johnson as Baby Bop (footage)
- Gordon Pinsent as King Babar (footage)
- Amos Crawley as Alexander (footage)
- Chris Wiggins as Conelius (footage)
- Stephen Ouimette as Pompadour (footage)
- Philip D. Garcia as Binyah Binyah (footage)
- Duncan Wass as B1 (footage)
- Taylor Owynns as Lulu (footage)
- Nicholas Opolski as B2 (footage)
- "It's Your Character That Counts"
- "Six Simple Words"
- "It's Not Fair"
- "Go Underneath the Broomstick"
- "Friends and Family"
- "We're Kids for Character"
- Min (only in Barney segment)
- Shawn (only in Barney segment)
- Tosha (only in Barney segment)