Kids in the Way
|Kids in the Way|
David Pelsue, lead singer
|Also known as||KITW|
|Origin||Noblesville, Indiana, United States|
|Genres||Alternative rock,[not in citation given] post-grunge, Christian rock|
|Years active||1997–2007, 2009–2012, 2017–present|
|Past members||Willie Bostic
Kids in the Way was an American Christian rock band formed in Noblesville, Indiana in 1997. They released three albums on Flicker Records before quietly disbanding in mid-2007. The band reunited in 2009, and in 2010 released an unnamed EP. Later, they announced plans for another new EP, but in 2012 guitarist Nathan Hughes indicated that this would not happen and an EP is planned to be released in 2017.
Kids in the Way was formed in 1997 by vocalist David Pelsue, guitarist Nathan Ehman, and the drummer Eric Carter. The band was previously known as Serenity and played a considerably lighter rock sound than when they were Kids in the Way. Kids in the Way released a self-titled EP which set them in place for further record releases and future shows with Audio Adrenaline which was important in their signing to Flicker Records. After releasing their debut album Safe from the Losing Fight, they were able to pick up spots touring with notable bands such as Fireflight, Pillar, and Relient K.
Kids in the Way have had reunited and started playing shows in and around their home state of Indiana. On January 12, 2010 they announced that they were working on an unnamed EP that they expected to release in March. In the US, it was released for a limited time on ITunes, and usually referred to as 'Lost Boy EP'. In 2011, they had announced the possibility of another EP, however, in 2012 guitarist Nathan Hughes revealed via Twitter that the new album was a "no-go", and that new music would be coming from a "different band". Kids in the Way are planning a release on April 14, 2017.
- David "Dave" Pelsue – lead vocals
- Nathan Hughes – rhythm guitar, backing vocals
- Austin Cobb – lead guitar
- Eric Carter – drums, backing vocals
- Wille Bostic – bass, backing vocals
- Rian Flynn – bass guitar, backing vocals (2004–2005)
- Nathan Ehman – guitars, backing vocals (2002–2007)
|Date of release||Title||Label|
|2002||Kids in the Way (EP)||Independent|
|December 26, 2003||Safe from the Losing Fight||Flicker Records|
|May 10, 2005||Apparitions of Melody||Flicker Records|
|August 8, 2006||Apparitions of Melody: The Dead Letters Edition||Flicker Records|
|September 18, 2007||A Love Hate Masquerade||Flicker Records|
- "Kids in the Way Biography". Corey Apar. Retrieved February 22, 2010.
- DiBiase, John (January 8, 2010). "Piecing Kids in the Way Back Together" (interview). Retrieved February 22, 2010.
- Nate Hughes (February 13, 2012). "@SoopGarcia I'd say for now...". Twitter.
- Nate Hughes (February 12, 2012). "@SoopGarcia nothin. Sorry...". Twitter.
- "K I D S Record Release Party w/ The Here Now & Lady Presidents". www.facebook.com. Retrieved March 14, 2017.
- "K I D S . - About | Facebook". www.facebook.com. Retrieved March 14, 2017.