Type of site
|Safe Search engine and Web portal for Kids|
|Registration||Separate accounts required for some services.|
|Launched||April 10, 2005|
This article may require cleanup to meet Wikipedia's quality standards. The specific problem is: Wording, grammar. (October 2019) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
KidzSearch is a visual child-safe search engine and web portal powered by Google Custom Search with academic autocomplete that emphasizes safety for children. It uses Google's Safe Search technology with additional search term filtering device for added safety. Search results are customized by pushing age-appropriate content higher up in the results. Large thumbnails are provided to make results more visual and easier to understand for children. It has many features, and boasts an online encyclopedia with 200,000 articles powered by Wikimedia. KidzSearch is used in over 1,000 schools a day, and is visited by some 14 million people a month. KidzSearch was rated by Common Sense Media 3 stars as a decent search engine for kids. Their main focus is on older elementary and middle schools students. They partnered with Safe Search Kids, and Kidzsearch hosts their search results and wiki pages.
The site was launched on April 8, 2005. In 2015, kidzsearch went under an extensive redesign process with a mobile responsive layout. Kidznet was launched in 2017 using OSSN social networking software. Kidztalk, powered by Question2Answer, became responsive in 2015.
- KidzNet is an online moderated social media network designed for kids, where they can post anything except personal Information. It is powered by OSSN. All posts are reviewed before they are published. The first registered user was KupKakeDoll. The service retains a small fan base of about 1,000 users.
- KidzTalk is an online question and answer portal for kids, powered by Question2Answer. A user types a question or comment, and another answers it. All answers are reviewed by KidzSearch staff for safety and quality. Kidztalk is generally used for homework. It currently has over 7,800 users, and a leader board showing which user has gotten the most "points" answering content. All content can be "upvoted" and users can select the "best answer" to their question.
- KidzTube contains handpicked videos. Most are educational. If a user searches for a term such as 'pooping', the service will present educational content such as facts about the digestive system, or a Minecraft video.
- Games - Mobile and desktop games are offered that include both educational and entertainment titles. Games are reviewed for safety and quality. Popular games include Slither.IO and Mine Clone. KidzSearch has over 57,000 free games.
- Kidzart This is a service currently on the drawing board. It would allow users to post photos of their art. There is no release date set for kidzart. 
KidzSearch selects news articles appropriate for kids that can be 'up voted' by the user. Their music service has kid-friendly music stations. KidzSearch offers a website directory of kid-friendly websites. Boolify helps the user learn how to use a search engine using a graphical interface.
Kidzsearch Has been criticized by common sense media for packing too many ads in search results that could potentially lead to unsafe sites. 
- "Safe Wikipedia For Kids - KidzSearch Wiki". wiki.kidzsearch.com. Retrieved 2019-02-02.
- "Advertise With KidzSearch". www.kidzsearch.com. Retrieved 2019-02-02.
- "KidzSearch". www.kidzsearch.com. Retrieved 2019-02-02.
- "KidzSearch.com - Website Review". www.commonsensemedia.org. 2015-06-12. Retrieved 2019-02-16.
- KidzSearch.com. "KidzSearch | Kids Safe Search Engine". KidzSearch. Retrieved 2019-07-07.
- "How Kids Can Navigate YouTube Safely". Tom's Guide. Retrieved 2019-02-02.
- "Search Results: pooping - Page 1 | Safe Videos for Kids". www.kidzsearch.com. Retrieved 2019-02-02.
- KidzSearch.com. "KidzSearch | Kids Safe Search Engine". KidzSearch. Retrieved 2019-02-02.
- "View Post: KidzNet the Safe Moderated Social Network for Kids". net.kidzsearch.com. Retrieved 2019-09-23.