Sanchez at the premiere of Kingdom in 2014
Kiele Michelle Sanchez
October 13, 1977
|Education||Glenbard North High School|
Kiele Michelle Sanchez (// KEE-lee; born October 13, 1977) is an American actress who starred in the A&E Network drama The Glades. Previously, she had starred as Anne Sorelli in The WB comedy-drama Related and as Nikki Fernandez on the main cast in the third season of the ABC television drama series Lost. She also starred in the DirecTV drama series Kingdom on the Audience Network.
Early life and education
Sanchez was born in Chicago. Her father, Oscar Sanchez, is a racetrack jockey agent. She is one of four children, and is of Puerto Rican,Polish and French descent. Sanchez began her acting career at Glenbard North High School in Carol Stream, Illinois, when she performed in a school production of The Grapes of Wrath. Her performance helped her overcome her stage fright, with which she struggled at the time.
This section of a biography of a living person does not include any references or sources. (June 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
In 2000, Sanchez auditioned for MTV's Wanna Be a VJ contest in New York. She was selected as one of the five finalists, but did not win the competition. However, an agent who had seen her on MTV expressed interest in representing her.
After her agent recommended a move to Los Angeles, Sanchez auditioned and landed roles in the short-lived drama series That Was Then and the sitcom Married to the Kellys. In 2003, Sanchez appeared in the film Stuck on You. She joined the cast of the hit ABC show Lost for the series' third season, as Nikki Fernandez, but due to fan responses to her character, she was killed off six episodes after her first appearance. She had a recurring role on the ABC show Samantha Who?. She played a leading role in the 2008 film Insanitarium alongside Jesse Metcalfe and co-starred in the 2009 thriller A Perfect Getaway as Gina, Nick's (Timothy Olyphant) girlfriend. Sanchez's character was famously seen nude swimming near a waterfall in her first scene.
Sanchez starred in the 2010 film 30 Days of Night: Dark Days, taking over the role of Stella Oleson from Melissa George, who played her in the first film. Sanchez also starred in the DirecTV drama series Kingdom which premiered on the Audience Network in the fall of 2014.
In 2010, Sanchez began dating actor Zach Gilford, with whom she co-starred in the ABC television pilot The Matadors. The couple became engaged in November 2011, and married on December 29, 2012. The couple also co-starred in The Purge: Anarchy. In August 2015, Sanchez announced that she and Gilford were expecting their first child, a son, that November. In October 2015, the couple announced that Sanchez had suffered a late-term miscarriage. In 2017, the couple had a daughter, born via surrogate.
|2000||Migrating Forms||Dream Woman|
|2003||Stuck on You||Pepper Spray Cutie|
|2007||Mr. Magorium's Wonder Emporium||Mrs. Goodman|
|2009||A Perfect Getaway||Gina|
|2010||30 Days of Night: Dark Days||Stella Olemaun||Video|
|2014||The Purge: Anarchy||Liz|
|2018||Benji||Whitney Hughes||Netflix release|
|2000||Live Girls||Lynne||TV film|
|2001||Class Warfare||Amber Whidden||TV film|
|2002||That Was Then||Claudia Wills-Glass||Main role|
|2003||Young MacGyver||Taylor||TV film|
|2003–04||Married to the Kellys||Susan Wagner||Main role|
|2005–06||Related||Anne Sorelli||Main role|
|2006||Girls on the Bus||Ronnie Sarazen||"Pilot"|
|2006–07||Lost||Nikki Fernandez||Regular role (season 3)|
|2007||Football Wives||Donna Reynolds||Unsold TV pilot|
|2007–08||Samantha Who?||Chloe||Recurring role (season 1)|
|2008||The End of Steve||Emily Green||TV film|
|2010||Matadors||Natalie Munoz||TV film|
|2010–2013||The Glades||Callie Cargill||Main role|
|2011||Burn Notice: The Fall of Sam Axe||Amanda Maples||TV film|
|2014–2017||Kingdom||Lisa Prince||Main role|
- The Associated Press (2009-10-13). "JournalGazette.net - Associated Press | The Journal Gazette | Fort Wayne, IN". The Journal Gazette. Retrieved 2012-05-21.
- Ross, Graham. "Father's Day Fruition Friday for Oscar, Kiele Sanchez". Arlington Park. Retrieved 2012-05-21.
- "Kiele Sanchez". Retrieved 2007-03-10.
- "NU grad directs 'Wonder Emporium'". The Union. November 27, 2007. Retrieved April 19, 2011.
- "Actress Kiele Sanchez, ex-husband Zach Helm list Los Feliz-area home at $1.849 million". The Los Angeles Times. January 9, 2012. Retrieved December 30, 2012.
- MacKenzie, Carina Adly (November 30, 2011). "Friday Night Lights' Zach Gilford engaged to Kiele Sanchez". zap2it. Archived from the original on December 3, 2013. Retrieved December 18, 2011.
- "Friday Night Lights Star Zach Gilford Engaged". People Magazine. December 1, 2011. Retrieved December 1, 2011.
- "Friday Night Lights' Zach Gilford and Kiele Sanchez Tie the Knot!". E Online. December 29, 2012. Retrieved December 30, 2012.
- "Kiele Sanchez Is Pregnant, Expecting First Child With Zach Gilford: Find Out Her Due Date!". Us Weekly. Retrieved August 10, 2015.
- Green, Mary (October 9, 2015). "Zach Gilford and Kiele Sanchez Suffer Late-Term Miscarriage". People. Retrieved 9 October 2015.
- Green, Mary (22 December 2017). "Zach Gilford and Kiele Sanchez Welcome Daughter Zeppelin Adele". People. Retrieved 22 December 2017.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Kiele Sanchez.|