Kieran Long is a British journalist and curator specializing in architecture and design. Long has been a presenter in a number of television shows.
Long graduated from Cardiff University in 1998 with a degree in English literature.
Long has undertaken a number of journalism roles, including deputy editor of Icon magazine 2003–2006 and editor in chief of the Architects' Journal and the Architectural Review 2007–2009. Long was also the architecture critic for the London Evening Standard newspaper 2010–2014. His television work includes presenting 'Restoration Home' and 'The House That £100k Built' for the BBC.
Long was assistant director to David Chipperfield at the 2012 Venice Biennale of Architecture. He established the department of design, architecture and digital at the Victoria and Albert Museum (V&A) 2013–2014 and was the keeper of the department from 2014 to April 2017.
He is married to Swedish designer Sofia Lagerkvist.
- Montgomery, Agnus (8 November 2012). "Kieran Long appointed design and architecture curator at the V&A". Design Week. Retrieved 11 November 2014.
- A home to DIY for – London Life – Life & Style – London Evening Standard
- BBC Two – Restoration Home – Kieran Long
- "Kieran Long appointed senior curator of architecture, design and digital at V&A". Dezeen. 8 November 2012. Retrieved 11 November 2014.
- "Press release från the Ministry of Culture in Sweden". Government of Sweden. 10 February 2017.
- Bresciani, Claudio (10 February 2017). "Kieran Long blir ny chef för Arkdes". Dagens Nyheter.
- Long, Kieran (2004). New London interiors. London [u.a.]: Merrell. ISBN 978-1-85894-237-7.
- Long, Kieran (2008). Hatch : the new architectural generation. London: Laurence King. ISBN 978-1-85669-562-6.