Shipka at PaleyFest 2014
|Born||Kiernan Brennan Shipka
November 10, 1999
Chicago, Illinois, U.S.
Shipka was born in Chicago, Illinois, to John Young Shipka, a real estate developer, and his wife, Erin Ann (née Brennan). She has been taking ballroom dancing classes since the age of five. Her family relocated to Los Angeles, California when she was six to support her acting career.
Shipka began doing commercial print modeling when she was a baby. As part of Mad Men's ensemble cast, she won the Screen Actors Guild Award for Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Drama Series in 2008 and 2009.
Shipka has received praise for her performance on Mad Men. In naming her as his dream nominee for the "Outstanding Guest Actress in a Drama Series" Emmy Award, Austin, Texas American-Statesman critic Dale Roe remarked, "This 10-year-old actress was so affecting as troubled Sally Draper last season that it seems odd that she's only just been upgraded to series regular. If Shipka's upcoming Mad Men work—struggling with the broken marriage of her parents and entering preteendom in the tumultuous 1960s—remains as amazing as it was in season three, this is a ballot wish that could come true next year." Initially a recurring guest star, Shipka was upgraded to a series regular with the start of season four. She got the part after two auditions.
|2009||Rag Doll Story, AA Rag Doll Story||Girl||Short film|
|2009||Land of the Lost||Tar Pits Kid||Uncredited|
|2009||House Broken||Tammy Tawber|
|2010||Cats & Dogs: The Revenge of Kitty Galore||Little Girl|
|2010||Ryan and Randi Show, TheThe Ryan and Randi Show||Lala La Lala||Short film|
|2010||Squeaky Clean||Emily||Short film|
|2012||Empty Room, TheThe Empty Room||Juliet||Short film|
|2013||Very Good Girls||Eleanor|
|2013||We Rise Like Smoke||Young Kyler||Short film|
|2014||Edge of the Woods, TheThe Edge of the Woods||Alice||Short film|
|2015||One & Two||Eva|
|2015||When Marnie Was There||Marnie||English dub|
|2015||Fan Girl||Telulah "Lu" Farrow|
|2015||The Blackcoat's Daughter||Kat|
|2006||Monk||Little Girl||2 episodes|
|2006||Angriest Man in Suburbia, TheThe Angriest Man in Suburbia||Lola||Television film|
|2007||Cory in the House||Sophie's Classmate||Episode: "Mall of Confusion"|
|2007||MADtv||Upset Child||Episode: "Madtv Ruined My Life"|
|2007||Heroes||Little Girl in Fire||Episode: "Four Months Ago..."|
|2007–2009||Jimmy Kimmel Live!||Various||6 episodes|
|2007–2015||Mad Men||Sally Draper||64 episodes|
|2011||Smooch||Zoe Cole||Television film|
|2012||Don't Trust the B---- in Apartment 23||Kiernan Shipka||Episode: "Parent Trap..."|
|2012–2014||Legend of Korra, TheThe Legend of Korra||Jinora (voice)||25 episodes|
|2013, 2015||Sofia the First||Oona (voice)||2 episodes|
|2014||Flowers in the Attic||Cathy Dollanganger||Television film|
|2015||Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt||Kymmi||Episode: "Kimmy Has A Birthday!"|
|2014||The Legend of Korra||Jinora|
|2016||Marvel Avengers Academy||Jessica Drew / Spider-Woman|
Awards and nominations
- Ryan, Maureen (August 13, 2012). "'Mad' tween takes drama in stride". articles.chicagotribune.com. Retrieved March 24, 2012.
- Rackl, Lori (March 23, 2012). "Chicago girl goes from Kiddieland to Sterling Cooper". Chicago Sun Times. Retrieved March 24, 2012.
- "Erin Brennan, John Shipka". articles.chicagotribune.com. December 23, 1995. Retrieved March 24, 2012.
- Chang, Bee-Shyuan (March 23, 2012). "Growth Spurts Considered: Kiernan Shipka of 'Mad Men' — What I Wore". The New York Times. Retrieved September 21, 2012.
- Anthony McCartney (January 24, 2010). "Stars of TV and Film Mingle at SAG Awards – ABC News". abcnews.go.com. Retrieved March 2, 2010.
- Dale Roe. "Devoted TV watchers name their dream Emmy winners", Austin American-Statesman, July 4, 2010, page H-1.
- Galanes, Philip (March 26, 2015). "Growing Up on 'Mad Men': A Conversation With Matthew Weiner and Kiernan Shipka". The New York Times. New York: NYTC. ISSN 0362-4331. Retrieved March 28, 2015.
- "Trail of Blood In 'February'". Bloody Disgusting. BD. October 13, 2014. Retrieved May 5, 2015.
- "The 25 Most Influential Teens of 2014". Time. Time Inc. October 13, 2014. Retrieved May 5, 2015.
- "It's Evening in America". Vanity Fair. May 2012. Page 159.
- "Kiernan Shipka: wide awake in dreamland". Dazed. Dazed. February 9, 2016. Retrieved November 13, 2016.
- Eric Goldman (4 February 2016). "Marvel Avengers Academy Launches with an All-Star Cast". IGN. Retrieved 28 February 2016.
- "2007 12th Annual SATELLITE Awards". International Press Academy. Retrieved December 21, 2008.
- Kiernan Shipka at SAG Awards, retrieved May 1, 2012
- 30th Annual Young Artist Awards, retrieved May 1, 2012
- 31st Annual Young Artist Awards, retrieved May 1, 2012
- 32nd Annual Young Artist Awards, retrieved May 1, 2012
- Jon Weisman. "CW to Broadcast Young Hollywood Awards Aug. 1". Variety. Retrieved July 28, 2014.
- "Young Artist Awards – President's Message". YoungArtistAwards.org. Retrieved March 31, 2011.
- "'Lincoln,' 'Silver Linings' top SAG film noms". Variety.com. December 12, 2012. Retrieved December 13, 2012.
- "34th Annual Young Artist Awards". YoungArtistAwards.org. Retrieved January 3, 2013.
- "Crystal + Lucy Awards 2013". Women in Film Los Angeles. April 29, 2013.
- Douglas Cobb. "2014 Young Hollywood Awards Show Nominees". Guardian Liberty Voice. Retrieved July 28, 2014.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Kiernan Shipka.|