Bogomolets National Medical University
Національний Медичний Університет Імені О.О. Богомольця
Bogomolets National Medical University Logo
"Честь, Милосердя, Слава"
Motto in English
|"Honor, Mercy, Glory"|
|Undergraduates||Faculty of General Medicine, Faculty of Dentistry, and Faculty of Pharmacy|
|Language||English , Ukrainian , Russian .|
Bogomolets National Medical University (NMU) is a medical school founded in 1841 in Kyiv, Ukraine. The university is named after physiologist Alexander A. Bogomolets. NMU provides medical training for over 10,000 students, including about 1,300 foreigners from 56 countries. The university employs about 1,200 teaching staff.
In 2018, rector Kateryna Amosova was dismissed after allegations of corruption.
- 1860 : Vladimir Betz, was a Ukrainian anatomist, histologist and professor of the Kiev University (Bogomolets National Medical University), famous for the discovery of giant pyramidal neurons of primary motor cortex which later were named Betz cells.
- 1925 : Favst Shkaravsky, was an officer, physician and forensic expert in the Soviet army during World War II. He is most famous for having overseen the autopsy of Adolf Hitler and Eva Braun in 1945.
- 1946 : Isaac Trachtenberg, member of National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine
- Maryna Poroshenko, First Lady of Ukraine
- 1989 : Olga Bogomolets, singer, songwriter, physician, and presidential candidate
- Oleh Musiy, Minister of Healthcare (Ukraine)
- "BOGOMOLETS NATIONAL MEDICAL UNIVERSITY". nmu.edu.ua. Archived from the original on 20 February 2014. Retrieved 26 March 2014.
- "Rus Education Kyiv National Medical University (O.O.Bogom". ruseducation.in. Archived from the original on 27 May 2014. Retrieved 26 March 2014.
- "Ukraine's "Top 200" university ranking - International Observ". ireg-observatory.org. Retrieved 26 March 2014.
- "Corruption in Ukraine's Medical Universities | Inside Higher Ed". www.insidehighered.com. Retrieved 2019-08-31.