Kiev Oblast State Administration
|Governor of Kiev Oblast|
Coat of arms of Kiev Oblast
|Appointer||President of Ukraine|
|Term length||Four years|
|Constituting instrument||Chapter VI, Article 118|
|Inaugural holder||Ivan Kapshtyk|
|Formation||In 1992, as Presidential representative|
The Governor of Kiev Oblast (Ukrainian: Губернатор Київської області, Hubernator Kyivs’koi oblasti) or officially, the Chairman of the Kiev Oblast State Administration (Ukrainian: Голова Київської обласної державної адміністрації, Holova Kyiv’skoi oblasnoi derzhavnoi administratsii) is the chairman of the executive branch of Kiev Oblast, a province in northern Ukraine. The official residence is located in the country's capital, Kiev.
In mass media, the office is majorly overshadowed by a head of the Kiev City State Administration.
According to Chapter VI of the constitution, the office of governor is appointed by the president, on recommendation from the cabinet of ministers, to serve a four-year term of office. The oblast's council can express a motion of no confidence to the governor, after which the Ukrainian president is to issue a "substantiated reply." However, if two-thirds of the oblast council's deputies pass a resolution of no confidence in the governor, the president must adopt a decision on the governor's resignation.
As part of the constitutional reform in Ukraine, President Petro Poroshenko proposed abolishing the office of chairmen of the regional state administrations, and instead replace them with the office of the Representative of the President of Ukraine (Ukrainian: Представник Президента України, Predstavnyk Presydenta Ukrainy) which will be appointed in each of Ukraine's 24 oblasts. These representatives will have significantly less authority over the regions in which they serve, instead being appointed to oversee the authority and constitutionality of Ukraine's administrative units.
List of governors
Until the fall of the Soviet Union in 1991, most of the authority in Kiev Oblast belonged to the Kiev Regional Committee of the Communist Party of Ukraine. The following is a full list of the leaders of Kiev Oblast from 1932 until the present day.
Representative of the President
- Ivan Kapshtyk (1992–1994)
- in 1994–1995 the office was liquidated and its duties temporarily transferred to chairman of the regional council executive committee
Heads of the Oblast State Administration
- Vasyl Sinko (1995—1996)
- Anatolii Zasukha (1996—2005)
- Yevhen Zhovtyak (2005—2006)
- Anatoliy Semenyuk (2006) (acting)
- Vira Ulianchenko (2006—2009)
- Viktor Vakarash (2009—2010)[a]
- Anatolii Prysyazhnyuk (2010–2014)
- Volodymyr Shandra (since 2 March 2014 – 27 January 2016)
- Maksym Melnychuk (3 February 2016 — 9 September 2016)
- Lev Partzkhaladze (acting) (9 September 2016 — 28 October 2016)
- Oleksandr Horhan (28 October 2016 – 30 October 2018)
- Oleksandr Tereschuk (30 October 2018 – 11 June 2019)
- Vyacheslav Kucher (acting) (11 June 2019 — 9 July 2019)
- Bno-Airiian Mykhailo (since 10 July 2019)
- Acting to September 17, 2009
- "Президент призначив нового голову Київської обласної державної адміністрації". Офіційне інтернет-представництво Президента України (in ua). 2019-07-10. Archived from the original on 2019-07-10. Retrieved 2019-07-12. Cite uses deprecated parameter
|dead-url=(help)CS1 maint: unrecognized language (link)
- Article 118 of the Constitution of Ukraine on the Wikisource.
- "Poroshenko proposes his variant of "decentralization"" (in Ukrainian). Ukrayinska Pravda. Retrieved 22 December 2014.
- "Constitution of Poroshenko: decentralization and control over the power bloc" (in Ukrainian). BBC Ukrainian. Retrieved 22 December 2014.
- Cahoon, Ben. "Kyiv (Kiev)". World Statesmen.org. Retrieved 22 December 2014.
- (in Ukrainian) Maksym Melnychuk Poroshenko appointed Head of Kyiv Regional State Administration Archived 2016-02-04 at the Wayback Machine, hromadske.tv (3 February 2016)
Poroshenko sees direct elections of regional administration heads as threat to Ukraine's federalization, Interfax-Ukraine (3 February 2016)
- President appoints 14 regional governors Archived 2012-05-23 at the Wayback Machine, Interfax-Ukraine (March 18, 2010)
- Poroshenko appoints Horhan as head of Kyiv Regional State Administration, Interfax-Ukraine (28 October 2016)
- Zelensky in Boryspil introduces new head of Kyiv Regional Administration Mykhailo Bno-Airiian
- "Main" (in Ukrainian). Kyiv Oblast State Administration. Retrieved 22 December 2014.