Kigali Convention Centre
|Kigali Convention Centre|
Night view of the centre.
|Address||Kigali Roundabout, Kimihurura|
|Owner||Ultimate Concept Limited|
|Built||2009 – 2016|
|• Total space||13.6 hectares (34 acres)|
The convention centre is located on Highway KN5, adjacent to the KG2 Roundabout, about 6 kilometres (4 mi) west of Kigali International Airport. This is about 7 kilometres (4 mi) east of the neighborhood of Kigali called Nyabugogo.
In 2007, three Rwandan corporate investors pooled resources to build the real estate complex. They formed a company called Ultimate Concept Limited, to develop and own the centre. The centre has four major components:
- A 5-star hotel, Radisson Blu Hotel Kigali, with 292 rooms on six floors
- Conference center with seating capacity of 2,600
- Kigali Information Technology Park, with 32,200 square metres (346,598 sq ft) of rentable office and retail space, and
- A museum on the bottom floor of the IT office park.
Ultimate Concept Limited, the owner-developer of the convention centre, is a Rwandan company whose ownership is as depicted in the table below:
|Rank||Name of Owner||Percentage Ownership|
|1||Prime Holdings Limited||50.0|
|2||Social Security Fund of Rwanda||25.0|
|3||Rwanda Investment Group||25.0|
- COMESARIA (7 March 2011). "Investment Opportunity: Kigali Convention Center (KCC)". Kigali: COMESA Regional Investment Agency. Retrieved 20 July 2016.
- American Architects (18 July 2015). "Kigali Convention Complex". American-architects.com. Retrieved 20 July 2016.
- Globefeed.com (20 July 2016). "Distance between Kigali International Airport, KN 5 Road, Kigali, Rwanda and Kigali Convention Centre, Kigali, Rwanda". Globefeed.com. Retrieved 20 July 2016.
- Globefeed.com (20 July 2016). "Distance between Nyabugogo, Kigali, Rwanda and Kigali Convention Centre, Kigali, Rwanda". Globefeed.com. Retrieved 20 July 2016.
- Mwijuke, Gilbert (18 July 2015). "Kigali steadily grows as a hub for meetings, conferences and exhibitions". The EastAfrican. Nairobi. Retrieved 20 July 2016.