||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (October 2014)|
|Born||Audrie Noriko Daniel
October 15, 1990 
Dallas, Texas, United States
|Occupation||Model, actress, singer, designer|
|Height||1.68 m (5 ft 6 in)|
|Shoe size||23 cm|
Kiko Mizuhara (Japanese: 水原 希子 Mizuhara Kiko born Audrie Noriko Daniel, October 15, 1990) is a model, actress, singer and designer of American/Korean descent, active in Japan. She is under Asia Cross Agency with models Angelababy, Eimi Kuroda and Hu Bing. Mizuhara speaks three languages: Japanese, English and a little bit of Korean. Recently, she has also been starting to learn Chinese.
Kiko Mizuhara started off her modeling career at the age of twelve when she entered into a audition contest for Seventeen Magazine in which magazine readers selected their favorite new face for the magazine. Later on, she signed as a model under ViVi and MAQUIA Magazine. Mizuhara had her debut as an actress in 2010 for Norwegian Wood and from that year on, she has been continuously appearing in the big screen and has been part of Japanese dramas Yae no Sakura, Shitsuren Chocolatier and Nobunaga Concerto. In 2011 and 2013 respectively, she has been featured as a singer in Towa Tei's "The Burning Plain" and in M-Flo's No Way track under their Neven album. Mizuhara has also done a collaboration with Opening Ceremony where singers Rihanna and Beyonce have worn her designs. To date, she has already teamed up with the said clothing line for the fourth time earning her rank as an upperclassmen of Opening Ceremony collaborators. In 2014, Mizuhara has been listed as part of the Business of Fashion 500: The People Shaping the Global Fashion Industry.
Her father is a Caucasian American and her mother is Zainichi Korean. She was born in Dallas, Texas and moved to Kobe, Japan at age 2 with her family. She has a sister named Ashley Yuka who is 4 years younger than her who also happens to be in the modeling industry. When she was 13, her parents got divorced and her father moved back to the US.
In 2003, Kiko Mizuhara participated in a contest and won audition for fashion magazine Seventeen. At the audition, she was picked as Miss Seventeen and became an exclusive model for the said magazine for the next 3 years. At age 16, she moved to Tokyo alone, living separately from her mother and sister in Kobe to advance her career in modeling. In July 2007, Kiko Mizuhara became an exclusive model for fashion magazine ViVi.
Starting 2008 until 2013 Kiko Mizuhara has been a regular runway model at the Tokyo Girls Collection. Her international runway debut was at The Paris Collections in Olympia Le Tan’s Spring/Summer 2014 Show. In the same year, Mizuhara was invited by British Fashion Designer Nasir Mazhar to walk for his S/S 2014 Collection at London Fashion Week and at Fashion Designer Jeremy Scott debut show for Moschino in Milan Fashion Week. Considering her experiences in runways, Mizuhara was chosen to open and close the Fall/Winter 2014 Show of Sretsis, a Thai-brand clothing line, during the Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week in Tokyo. She has also participated in Nicola Formichetti's first full collection show for Diesel in Venice, Italy.
Aside from her runway experiences, Mizuhara has graced numerous magazine covers and features not only in Japan but also in Asia and Europe. She has appeared in major Vogue editorials for Vogue Japan, Vogue China, Vogue Taiwan, Vogue Italia, American Vogue, Vogue Girl Japan and L'Uomo Vogue. She has done covers and spreads for Nylon, Numero, Vivi, Seventeen, Grazia, GQ, Elle, Harper's Bazaar, L'Officiel, MAQUIA, GISELe, V Magazine, Another Magazine, Dazed and Confused, Cosmopolitan, Dedicate Magazine, Jalouse Magazine etc. Being a top it-girl in their country, she has filmed advertisements locally and internationally which made her known by huge fashion people such as Karl Lagerfeld, Marc Jacobs, Michael Kors, Anna Dello Russo etc. Mizuhara has also shot ad campaigns for Diesel, Phillip Lim, Vivienne Tam, Reebok, Kitsuné, Tiffany & Co., Shiseido etc. She has also been appointed as a CHANEL ambassador making her way to receive VIP and front row invitations for fashion week and all other events of the brand. In 2012, Mizuhara has been photographed by Karl Lagerfeld himself for CHANEL's The Little Black Jacket campaign. Dec 2013 Kiko Mizuhara participated in the Chanel Metiers d'Art Show in Dallas, Texas.
Mizuhara co-starred in Tran Anh Hung's Norwegian Wood (2010) with Kenichi Matsuyama and Rinko Kikuchi. She played a supporting role in Mika Ninagawa's Helter Skelter (2012), which is based on the award-winning comic of the same name by Kyoko Okazaki. She has also played a supporting role in Toshiaki Toyoda's I'm Flash! (2012). and co-starred in Keishi Otomo's Platinum Data with Kazunari Ninomiya. In addition to her films, Mizuhara played as a witch doctor in Trick The Movie: Last Stage(2014) where she spoke Bahasa as the movie was filmed in Kuching, Malaysia. In July 2014, Mizuhara was announced to part of the live action Attack on Titan set to be released in summer (2015)
Mizuhara has made her first appearance in the small screen in the Japanese television series Yae no Sakura. In January 2014, she starred in the drama Shitsuren Chocolatier and currently appearing in Nobunaga Concerto
Mizuhara first started her collaboration with Opening Ceremony during Spring 2013 in celebration of Opening Ceremony flagship store in Japan. The collection was inspired by 1920s Paris creating a collection of très jolies blouses, lingerie, and frilled short-shorts. In the same year, she entitled her F/W collection "Bad Girl of the 90s" in which the famous pizza outfit made headlines as it was worn by top celebrity Beyonce. Mizuhara is also debuting a collection of high-octane headgear that blends Harajuku style with '90s streetwear, in collaboration with Opening Ceremony Japan and Harlem-based label Gypsy Sport. In 2014, Mizuhara launched her Spring/Summer Girlfriend of the Rockstar collection with a new set of chic, sexy and sweet pieces while a 1980s inspired Disco Bowling collection was released for Fall/Winter items. In Opening Ceremony Japan, Mizuhara has also collaborated with Photographer Nobuyoshi Araki and DesignerYoshikasu Yamagata in line with the opening of the brand's first branch in Osaka, Japan.
Mizuhara has been in an on-and-off relationship with South Korean rapper G-Dragon since 2010. Pictures of the two emerged in 2014, sparking intense media scrutiny. The pair have yet to confirm or deny the relationship, with G-Dragon's label YG Entertainment stating that they "try to respect their artists’ privacy, so there is nothing we can say about this."  A significant number of fans of G-Dragon continue to suspect that there is however some substance to these claims, citing a Facebook post written by Mizuhara's grandmother: "And she is in two Vogue magazine feature articles, one in Japanese Vogue, and the other in International Vogue, where is serendipidy, fluke, whatever. Her rock star boyfriend and his band are the next featured article just under Kiko's".
- Norwegian Wood (2010)
- Helter Skelter (2012)
- I'm Flash! (2012)
- Platina Data (2013)
- Trick The Movie: Last Stage (2014)
- Attack on Titan (2015)
- Kiko (2010)
- Girl (2012)
- Kiko Mizuhara Model and Actress Fashionable Selby by Todd Selby, Abrams, New York, (2014)
- A Winter Diary by Julien Levy, New York, (2014)
- "藤原竜也&水原希子 Special Interview". Oricon Style (in Japanese). Oricon. August 29, 2012.
- Hoff, Victoria Dawson (December 9, 2013). "Meet the International Star Behind Beyoncé's Pizza Outfit". Elle.
- "Kiko Mizuhara learning Chinese". June 2014.
- "All About Kiko~100 questions Translation". 100wendybirds. Nylon Japan. January 2011.
- "Kiko Mizuhara's life translated". 100wendybirds. KIKO (Photobook).
- Walker, Harriet. "Kiko Mizuhara: The Norweigan [sic] Wood Star in an Intimate Portrait". AnOther. Archived from the original on 26 October 2014. Retrieved 17 March 2015.
- "Interview with Kiko Mizuhara". Fuji Television (in Japanese). Fuji Television. October 23, 2014.
- "Rihanna in Kiko Mizuhara for Opening Ceremony in NYC". Tom and Lorenzo. May 1, 2014.
- Hoff, Victoria (December 9, 2013). "Meet the International Star Behind Beyoncé's Pizza Outfit". Elle.
- "BoF 500: Kiko Mizuhara". Business of Fashion.
- 映画「ノルウェイの森」で主人公を翻弄 水原希子の素顔. MSN Sankei News (in Japanese). Sankei Shimbun. December 22, 2010.
- "Kiko Mizuhara’s life - translated Pt 2/2". 100wendybirds.
- Link text, http://asianwiki.com/Kiko_Mizuhara.
- "Kiko Mizuhara". Asia Cross.
- "Kiko Mizuhara Debuts at the Paris Collections in Olympia Le Tan’s Show". Fashion Headline Japan. October 2, 2013.
- Ongley, Hannah (September 16, 2013). "LFW: Nasir Mazhar’s Colorful Case for Model Diversitywork=STYLEITE".
- "世界が水原希子を待っていた！！ 才能開花中！ 仕事現場に密着". Numero Tokyo. June 24, 2014.
- "2014-15 AW: Kiko Mizuhara and Her Sister for Sretsis". Fashion Headline Japan. March 18, 2014.
- "Kiko Mizuhara for Nicola Formichetti’s DIESEL 2014-15 AW Collection". Fashion Headline Japan. April 9, 2014.
- Adams, Sam (5 January 2012). "Norwegian Wood - Film - Movie Review - The A.V. Club". The A.V. Club.
- Bradshaw, Peter (10 March 2011). "Norwegian Wood - review - Film - The Guardian". The Guardian.
- Schilling, Mark (13 July 2012). "'Heruta Sukeruta (Helter Skelter)' - The Japan Times". The Japan Times.
- Schilling, Mark (31 August 2012). "'I'm Flash!' - The Japan Times". The Japan Times.
- Harvey, Dennis (5 October 2012). "I'm Flash! - Variety". Variety.
- Schilling, Mark (15 March 2013). "'Purachina Deta (Platinum Data)' - The Japan Times". The Japan Times.
- "トリック劇場版 ラストステージ』 マレーシアで初海外ロケ、豪華ゲストも". Cinema Cafe. 31 July 2013.
- "'Live Action version of Attack on Titan, Ishihara Satomi, Kiko Mizuhara additional cast announced'". Model Press. 30 July 2014.
- "大河出演決定の水原希子、女優業への苦悩を告白 モデルプレスインタビュー". Model Press. 12 October 2012.
- "OC Omotesando Countdown: Exclusive Items". Opening Ceremony. April 16, 2013.
- Brumfitt, Stuart (September 2014). "Gypsy Sport step up to the plate". Dazed Digital.
- "Kiko Mizuhara for Opening Cermeony". Opening CeremonyJapan.
- "Kiko Mizuhara for Opening Ceremony AW 2014". Opening CeremonyJapan. August 21, 2014.
- "Opening Ceremony Osaka". Opening Ceremony Japan. August 27, 2014.
- Ock, Hyun-ju (2014-10-08). "G-Dragon, Kiko Mizuhara spotted on date: report". Korea Herald. Retrieved 2014-10-11.
- Sung So-young (2014-10-09). "G-D relationship rumors resurface". Korea JooAng Daily. Retrieved 2014-10-11.
- "G-Dragon Spotted On Alleged Date With Famous Japanese Model Kiko Mizuhara". Franchise Herald. 2014-10-10. Retrieved 2014-10-11.
- Kiko Mizuhara at the Internet Movie Database
- Kiko Mizuhara discography at Discogs
- Kiko Mizuhara on Twitter
- Kiko Mizuhara on Instagram
- Kiko Mizuhara in Business of Fashion: The People Shaping the Global Fashion Industry in 2014