Kile is a TeX/LaTeX editor to edit TeX/LaTeX source code. It runs on Unix-like systems including Mac OS X and Linux with the Qt and KDE libraries installed.
Name and Pronunciation
Kile means tickle or wedge in Norwegian, the native language of some of the Qt developers. As such, its proper pronunciation is /kiːlə/ and not /kaɪl/.
Kile has many useful features needed to edit TeX/LaTeX source code, such as:
- One-click document compilation and display
- Auto-completion of (La)TeX commands
- Graphical lists of symbols for easy insertion
- Templates and wizards for new document creation
- Integration with the BibTeX bibliography manager
- ^ "Kile Features". Kile - an Integrated LaTeX Environment. Retrieved 14 July 2011.