Kill Switch (2017 film)
Theatrical release poster
|Directed by||Tim Smit|
|Cinematography||Jaco van Ree|
|Edited by||Wouter van Luijn|
|Distributed by||Saban Films|
Kill Switch (also known as Redivider) is an American-Dutch science fiction film, directed by Tim Smit in his directorial debut, from a screenplay by Charlie Kindinger and Omid Nooshin. It stars Dan Stevens, Bérénice Marlohe, Tygo Gernandt, Charity Wakefield, Bas Keijzer, Mike Libanon, and Mike Reus.
The film was released on June 16, 2017 by Saban Films.
Sometime in the near future, physicist and former NASA pilot Will Porter is recruited by Alterplex, a power company that has built a massive tower that taps into unlimited quantum energy. It is revealed that it is destroying a mirror universe Earth referred to as "The Echo" and that the inhabitants there also have an energy tower. Strange gravity anomalies and unexplained deaths are occurring in The Echo world that are blamed on the tower, as it takes energy from that world. There was supposed to be no life there but due to a malfunction, the device created a true mirror Earth full of life, and now both Earths face destruction unless one is destroyed within less than a day.
Porter has been sent to The Echo with a cube device called the "Redivider" believing it will balance the power transfer between the two universes and set things right. Instead, he learns the device is a kill switch that will destroy The Echo forcing him to decide which universe to sacrifice in order to save the other. The army in The Echo know this and are trying to arrest or kill him. There is also a group of "anti-tower rebels" who are actively fighting the armed forces of the towers.
- Dan Stevens as Will Porter
- Bérénice Marlohe as Abby
- Tygo Gernandt as Michael
- Charity Wakefield as Mia
- Bas Keijzer
- Mike Libanon
- Mike Reus as Dr. Klintsen
In February 2016, it was announced Dan Stevens and Bérénice Marlohe had been cast in the film, with Tim Smit directing the film, from a screenplay by Charlie Kindinger and Omid Nooshin. Aaron Ryder will serve as a producer on the film under his FilmNation Entertainment banner.
- "Kill Switch". AMC Theatres. Retrieved May 21, 2017.
- Wiseman, Andreas (February 13, 2016). "FilmNation sci-fi 'Redivider' starring Dan Stevens lands at EFM". Screen International. Retrieved April 22, 2017.
- "Don Diablo releases 'Echoes' as official theme song for Kill Switch". Dancingastronaut.com. Retrieved 9 September 2017.
- Tartaglione, Nancy (February 10, 2017). "Saban Buys FilmNation's 'Redivider' Starring Dan Stevens & Bérénice Marlohe – Berlin". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved April 22, 2017.
- Ford, Rebecca (February 10, 2017). "Berlin: Saban Films Lands 'Redivider' Starring Dan Stevens". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved April 22, 2017.