|Directed by||Mark Steven Bosko
Wayne Alan Harold
|Written by||Mark Steven Bosko
Wayne Alan Harold
|Distributed by||Troma Entertainment|
Harold Kunkle is a nerd with an overbearing mother. He is the target of bullies and also fails at getting a girlfriend. At a dance, drug dealers beat him and in retaliation, he begins a murder spree. Harold murders the people who did him wrong, including his overbearing mother. His murder weapons include using acid, dynamite, and an axe.
The film was produced with $12,000 and was frequently rented in major film rental stores. Troma Entertainment bought the rights to the film. A sequel titled Bride of Killer Nerd was released. A review in VideoHound's Cult Flicks & Trash Pics said that, along with Killer Nerd, the film "deserves your neglect". It was filmed in Ravenna, Ohio, with a prosumer grade camcorder.
Bill Gibron, writing for DVD Verdict, said that the film "is a certifiable classic, a perfectly executed premise of such outrageous originality that it's amazing no one had thought of doing it before". Ian Jane, of DVD Talk, said that this film and its sequel are "typical bad horror-comedy hybrids" which are "quite dull", but went on to say that "while the movies are pretty much bottom of the barrel entertainment, they do have their own special kind of retarded charm".
A TV Guide review said, "The story is so empty that it doesn't really end; it just runs out of people to kill".
- Steven Bosko, Mark (2003). The Complete Independent Movie Marketing Handbook. Michael Wiese Productions. p. 363. ISBN 9781615930487. Retrieved August 12, 2013.
- Gibron, Bill (June 8, 2004). "Killer Nerd / Bride Of Killer Nerd". DVD Verdict. Retrieved August 12, 2013.
- Schwartz, Carol; Olenski, Jim (2002). VideoHound's Cult Flicks & Trash Pics. Visible Ink Press. p. 279. ISBN 1-57859-113-9.
- Weldon, Michael (1996). The Psychotronic Video Guide To Film. Macmillan. p. 313. ISBN 9780312131494. Retrieved August 12, 2013.
- "Films For a Fraction, Part II How to Post and Distribute a "Micro-Budget," Shot-On-Video Feature Film". Creative Planet Network. Retrieved August 12, 2013.
- Jane, Ian (June 4, 2004). "Killer Nerd/Bride of Killer Nerd". DVD Talk. Retrieved August 13, 2013.
- "Killer Nerd: Review". TV Guide. Retrieved August 13, 2013.