Murder of David Black
(Redirected from Killing of David Black)Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Prime Minister of the United Kingdom David Cameron: "First and foremost this is a dreadful tragedy for the family and friends of David Black who has been so brutally murdered as he went about his work keeping the people of Northern Ireland safe. My heart goes out to them."
- PSNI Chief Constable Matt Baggot: "It is a completely senseless attack which demonstrates the ruthlessness and recklessness of those opposed to peace and who live for violence."
- Taniste Eamon Gilmore: "I know that I speak for every decent man, woman and child on this island, north and south, in expressing revulsion at this act. There will be no return to the dark and violent days of the past. The tragic loss of life that we have seen this morning serves only to bring us together in a shared grief and a shared determination to work together in building a better future for all.
- Killing of Stephen Carroll
- Murder of Ronan Kerr
- Murder of Adrian Ismay, another prison officer killed by a New IRA car bomb on 4 March 2016
- "Case of man accused of IRA membership adjourned". Independent.ie.
- - https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-northern-ireland-20164370
- "Dramatic scenes as Gardai swoop on prison officer murder suspect in Irish town". The Irish Sun. Mar 2, 2017.
- "Reaction to prison officer's murder". Nov 1, 2012 – via www.bbc.com.