|Population||10,891 (2016 census)|
|• Density||1,210/km2 (3,130/sq mi)|
|Area||9 km2 (3.5 sq mi)|
|LGA(s)||Shire of Yarra Ranges|
Kilsyth is a suburb in Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, 36 km east from Melbourne's central business district (CBD). The majority of Kilsyth is part of the Shire of Yarra Ranges, the rest is within the City of Maroondah. At the 2016 census, Kilsyth had a population of 10,891.
Retail and industrial
There are two main shopping precincts in Kilsyth, Churinga Shopping Centre and Kilsyth Shopping Centre. Smaller shopping strips are located on Colchester Road, Collins Place, and Hawthory Road.
Kilsyth comprises a significant industrial area on Canterbury Road, stretching from Liverpool Road to Dorset Road.
Kilsyth has four primary schools:
Sport and community facilities
The Elizabeth Bridge Reserve on Durham Road provides a playground, lake, and community centre. There are various other parks and reserves throughout the suburb.
Kilsyth is home to a range of sporting teams and facilities:
- Kilsyth Cobras representative basketball club
- Kilsyth Redbacks cricket club, competing in the Ringwood and District Cricket Association
- Lilydale Swimming Club, which trains at the Kilsyth Centenary Pool on Hawthory Road
- Kilsyth Cougars AFL team, competing in the Eastern Football League
- Eastwood Golf Club on Liverpool Road
- Mountain District Badminton Association at the Kilsyth Sports Center on Liverpool Road Kilsyth
- City of Croydon—the former local government area of which Kilsyth was a part.
- Shire of Lillydale—the former local government area of which Kilsyth was a part.
- Australian Bureau of Statistics (27 June 2017). "Kilsyth (State Suburb)". 2016 Census QuickStats. Retrieved 14 April 2019.
- "Community Snapshots: Kilsyth" (PDF). Yarra Ranges Council. February 2012. Retrieved 14 July 2019.
- Phoenix Auctions History, Post Office List, retrieved 11 April 2008
- Kilsyth Primary School, History, archived from the original on 18 July 2008, retrieved 1 September 2008
- "Search for an education provider on the State Register". Victorian Registrations & Qualifications Authority. State of Victoria (Department of Education and Training). 27 July 2017. Retrieved 14 July 2019.
- "Elizabeth Bridge Reserve". Yarra Ranges Council. Retrieved 14 July 2019.
- "Eastern Football League". Full Point Footy. Archived from the original on 1 January 2009. Retrieved 21 October 2008.
- "Eastwood". Golf Select. Retrieved 5 November 2009.