|Produced by||R. Mohan|
|Screenplay by||Venu Nagavalli|
|Music by||S. P. Venkatesh|
|Edited by||N. Gopalakrishnan|
|Distributed by||Manorajyam Release|
Kilukkam (Malayalam: കിലുക്കം, English: Jingle) is a 1991 Malayalam-language Indian musical-comedy film directed by Priyadarshan and written by Venu Nagavalli. The story revolves around Nandini (Revathi), an orphan who comes to Ooty in search of her father, wherein she meets tourist guides Joji (Mohanlal) and Nishcal (Jagathy Sreekumar). It also stars Thilakan, Innocent, Ganesh Kumar, Sukumari and Sharat Saxena in pivotal roles along with Murali and Jagadish in guest roles. The music was composed by S. P. Venkatesh and the film was produced by R. Mohan under the banner of Goodknight Films. Kilukkam is loosely inspired from Roman Holiday.
The film spawned a sequel, Kilukkam Kilukilukkam, released in 2006.
Nandini (Revathy), is a tourist who comes to Ooty and finds Joji (Mohanlal), a tourist guide down on his luck. It is shown that Nandini has mental retardation, and a series of events make her presence in Ooty intertwined with the lives of Joji and his friend Nischal (Jagathy Sreekumar). In the early part of the movie, hilarity ensues in their misguided attempts in getting rid of Nandini. However, they find out that she is an escaped mental patient who has a bounty on her safe return. When they find that the bounty has been increasing for a while, they decide to hide her for a while and claim the bounty when it gets big enough.
In time, they realize that things are not as they seem, and more complications are unraveled.
- Mohanlal as Joji
- Jagathy Sreekumar as Nischal
- Thilakan as Justice Pillai
- Revathi as Nandini
- Innocent as Kittunni
- Sharat Saxena as Samar Khan
- Thikkurissy as Tea vendor Ambotty
- K. B. Ganesh Kumar as Justice Pillai's Son
- Sukumari as Doctor
- Murali as Guest Role
- Devan as Pilla's son in law
- Zeenath as Thankam, Schoolteacher
- Jagadish as Photographer (Guest Role)
- Syama as Pilla's daughter
- Santhosh as Police officer
- Ravi Menon as Pilla's relative
- Poojappura Ravi as Lottery seller
- Kollam Thulasi as Muthu
- Krishnankutty Nair as School peon
- TP Madhavan as Pilla's relative
- Nandhu as Pilla's relative
- Suvarna Mathew as Pilla's relative
- KG Devakiyamma as aged lady at Dobby Ghana
- Antony Perumbavoor as Driver Antony
The movie was a huge success at the box office & Highest grosser in 1991. Now the film is quite widely regarded as one of the greatest comedy films made in Malayalam and as a comedy classic. This film was remade in Telugu as Allari Pilla and in Hindi as Muskurahat.
The songs were composed by S. P. Venkatesh and lyrics penned by Bichu Thirumala. The soundtrack met with tremendous success with the songs Kilukil Pambaram and Ootypattanam becoming all time classics.
|1||Kilukil Pambaram||M. G. Sreekumar|
|2||Ootypattanam||S. P. Balasubrahmaniam, M. G. Sreekumar, K. S. Chithra|
|3||Meenavenalil||M. G. Sreekumar, K. S. Chithra|
|4||Panineer Chandrike||M. G. Sreekumar|
- Best Actor - Mohanlal
- Second Best Actor - Jagathy Sreekumar
- Best Playback Singer (Male) - M. G. Sreekumar
- Best Cinematographer - S. Kumar
- Best Editor - N. Gopalakrishnan
- Kilukkam at the Internet Movie Database
- Download Kilukkam from 2DMovie.com, a legal site for Indian movies.