Kims are descended from the Great Huns: They are the north Asian people, including Mongols, Turks and Koreans. Old Koreans are derived from the Hun that belongs to altaic language. Also known as "Xiongnu" by the Chinese.
Korean family name
Kim, sometimes spelt Gim, is the most common family name in Korea.
People with the family name Kim, but unrelated to the Korean root above, include:
- Andy Kim, Canadian musician, born Andrew Youakim
Fictional characters with the surname Kim, whether or not any indication is given of ethnic origins, include:
- In Fatal Fury and The King of Fighters game series
- Kim Kaphwan
- Kim Dong Hwan or Kim Jae Hoon, regular characters in Garou: Mark of the Wolves
- Kim Sue Il in Kizuna Encounter
- Harry Kim in television series Star Trek: Voyager
- Kim Chan in Have Gun Will Travel, usually called Hey Boy
Lane Kim - Gilmore Girls
|This page lists people with the surname Kim. If an internal link intending to refer to a specific person led you to this page, you may wish to change that link by adding the person's given name(s) to the link.|