|Born||June 11, 1977|
Daegu, South Korea
|Other names||Kim Hee-seon|
|Alma mater||Chung-Ang University|
|Occupation||Actress, television host|
|Revised Romanization||Gim Hui-seon|
Kim Hee-sun (born June 11, 1977) is a South Korean actress. She rose to fame in the 1990s with leading roles in television series such as Men of the Bath House (1995), Propose (1997), Wedding Dress (1997), Forever Yours (1998), Mister Q (1998), Sunflower (1998), and Tomato (1999). Kim also starred in the martial arts films Bichunmoo (2000) and The Myth (2005), historical media drama Faith (2012), teen drama Angry Mom (2015), mystery drama The Lady in Dignity (2017), and fantasy drama Tomorrow (2022).
Kim Hee-sun won the Fair Face Beauty Contest in 1992 when she was a middle school student, and began modeling in teen magazines. In 1993, Kim, then a high school sophomore, appeared in a commercial for Lotte Samkang's crab chips, which led to her acting debut in Dinosaur Teacher; and an MC gig for music show Live TV Music 20 that same year.
She enjoyed peak popularity in the mid-to-late 1990s, starring in one hit Korean drama after another. These include Men of the Bath House (1995) written by Kim Soo-hyun, Propose (1997), Wedding Dress (1997) with Lee Seung-yeon, Forever Yours (1998) with Ryu Si-won, Mister Q (1998) with Kim Min-jong and Song Yun-ah, Sunflower (1998) with Ahn Jae-wook, and Tomato (1999) with Kim Suk-hoon. Kim won the top prize at the 1998 SBS Drama Awards for Mister Q, making her, at the time, the youngest ever Grand Prize (Daesang) winner, at 21 years old. During this period, she also appeared in numerous advertisements and rose to fame both at home and abroad as one of Korea's most beautiful and trend-setting actresses.
Unlike her success in television, the big screen proved to be a bigger challenge for Kim's career. She made her film debut in 1997's Repechage opposite Jang Dong-gun, and the film's director Lee Kwang-hoon subsequently put her in his next film Ghost in Love (1999). In her most high-profile role to date, Kim played the daughter of a Mongolian general in the big-budget martial arts fantasy Bichunmoo, shot in China and released in the summer of 2000. Although criticized for her acting in the film, it gave her more local and international exposure than any of her other films. Along with her popular TV dramas, it cemented her position as a Korean Wave star in mainland China, Hong Kong, Taiwan and throughout Southeast Asia.
In late 2001, Kim took on a completely different kind of role, cutting her hair short and starring as an animator in Wanee & Junah. Although her acting in this film drew a favorable response from critics, the film itself was a commercial flop. Her career took a downturn in 2003, when the environmentally-themed melodrama A Man Who Went to Mars, also known as A Letter From Mars, costarring Shin Ha-kyun became an utter bomb at the box office. She returned to television, however My Fair Lady (2003) which was adapted from the Japanese television drama Yamato Nadeshiko, and Sad Love Story (2005) where she played a blind singer, both received low ratings.
Due to her popularity among Chinese viewers, Kim was then cast opposite Jackie Chan in The Myth, for which she learned to speak Mandarin. Back in Korea, her career slump continued with Smile Again in 2006.
Kim married in 2007, and she left the entertainment scene to devote her time to being a wife and mother. During this five-year hiatus from acting, apart from appearing in magazines, Kim published a book in 2009 on childcare and how to lose post-pregnancy weight, titled Kim Hee-sun's Happy Mom Project.
Though she had a minor role in the Chinese epic The Warring States (2011), Kim officially made her comeback in 2012 as a modern-day doctor who time-travels to Goryeo in the period romance Faith, the last collaboration by screenwriter Song Ji-na and television director Kim Jong-hak.
In 2013, Kim became one of the hosts of the revamped second season of variety talk show Strong Heart, titled Hwasin – Controller of the Heart. After Hwasin was cancelled, she was cast in the Lee Kyung-hee-penned weekend family drama Wonderful Days (2014). This was followed by Angry Mom in 2015, where Kim's portrayal of the titular character who returns to high school when she learns that her teenage daughter is being bullied was highly praised by critics. Kim then began filming for Chinese fantasy television drama Ice Fantasy, which started airing in July 2016.
In 2017, Kim starred in the television series, The Lady in Dignity alongside Kim Sun-ah. The series achieved a rating of 12.6% for its finale, becoming JTBC's highest rated drama at the time. Kim's performance was well received by critics and audience.
In 2018, Kim starred in tvN's mystery drama Room No. 9. The same year she confirmed her return to the big screen with independent film Paper Flower. In 2020, Kim starred in the science fiction romance drama Alice which was broadcast on SBS in 2020 and released worldwide on Netflix in 2021.
Kim wed businessman Park Ju-young in a lavish ceremony at the Seoul Sheraton Grande Walkerhill Hotel on October 19, 2007. She gave birth to daughter Park Yeon-ah on January 21, 2009.
On March 9, 2022, Kim donated ₩100 million to the Korean Red Cross To help the victims of the massive forest fire that started in Uljin, Gyeongbuk and has spread to Samcheok, Gangwon.  On April 25, 2022, Kim donated ₩100 million to Asan Medical Center to be used to pay for the treatments of low-income patients.
|"Endless Love" (無盡的愛 )
(Kim Hee-sun with Jackie Chan)
|2005||The Myth OST|
|"No Matter How Many Times We Part" (몇번을 헤어져도 )
(Kim Hee-sun with Yoon Gun)
|Sad Love Story OST|
|"Love Is" (사랑이란 )
(Mighty Mouth ft. Kim Hee-sun)
|1999||Ghost in Love||Jin Chae-byul|
|2001||Wanee & Junah||Wa-ni|
|2003||A Man Who Went to Mars||So-hee|
|2005||The Myth||Princess Ok-soo|
|2011||The Warring States||Pang Fei|
|1993||Dinosaur Teacher||Kim Hee-sun|
|1994||The Story of Chunhyang||Seong Chunhyang|||
|1995||Agatha Christie||Lee Joon-hee|||
|Sons of the Wind||Lee Yeon-hwa|
|Men of the Bath House||Kim Soo-kyung|
|1996||Colors "White Side"||Kim Hye-jin / Song Eun-young|||
|A Faraway Country||Seo Woon-ha|||
|New York Story||Jae-in|
|Wedding Dress||Kim Doo-na|
|1998||Forever Yours||Han Seo-hee|
|Mister Q||Han Hye-won|
|Goodbye My Love||Seo Yeon-joo|||
|2003||My Fair Lady||Ha Min-kyung|
|2005||Sad Love Story||Park Hye-in|
|2006||Smile Again||Oh Dan-hee|
|2007||Tai Chi Chasers||Phoebe||Voiced in the Korean version|
|2014||Wonderful Days||Cha Hae-won|
|2015||Angry Mom||Jo Kang-ja / Jo Bang-wool|
|2016||Ice Fantasy||Lian Ji||Chinese drama|
|2017||The Lady in Dignity||Woo Ah-jin|
|2018||Room No. 9||Eulji Hae-yi|
|2020||Alice||Yoon Tae-yi / Park Sun-young|
|2022||Remarriage & Desires||Seo Hye-seung|||
|1993||Live TV Music 20||Host|
|1995||TV Time Travel|||
|1996–1998||Live TV Music 20|
|1999||There Is Something Special with Kim Hee-sun|||
|2001||A Very Special Gift with Kim Hee-sun|||
|2009||Human Documentary Love: I Want to Be Thumbelina's Mom III||Narrator||Documentary|||
|2013||Hwasin: Controller of the Heart||Host|
|2017||My Little Old Boys||Special Host||episodes 48–50|
|Island Trio||Cast member|||
|2021||Honeymoon Tavern||Cast Member||Episode 1–9|||
|2009||Kim Hee-sun's Happy Mom Project||L Company||ISBN 9788996837268|
Awards and nominations
|Award ceremony||Year||Category||Nominee / Work||Result||Ref.|
|Andre Kim Best Star Awards||2003||Star Award||Kim Hee-sun||Won|||
|APAN Star Awards||2014||Top Excellence Award, Actress in a Serial Drama||Wonderful Days||Won|||
|2015||Top Excellence Award, Actress in a Miniseries||Angry Mom||Won|||
|2016||Best APAN Star Award||Kim Hee-sun||Won|||
|2021||Top Excellence Award, Best Actress in a Miniseries||Alice||Won|||
|Asia Artist Awards||2017||Grand Prize (Daesang)||The Lady in Dignity||Won|||
|Asian Influence Awards Oriental Ceremony||2015||Most Influential Asian Award||Kim Hee-sun||Won|||
|Baeksang Arts Awards||1996||Best New Actress – Television||Men of the Bath House||Won|
|2000||Most Popular Actress (TV)||Tomato||Won|
|2002||Best Actress – Film||Wanee & Junah||Nominated|
|Most Popular Actress (Film)||Won|||
|2018||Best Actress – Television||The Lady in Dignity||Nominated|||
|Blue Dragon Film Awards||2000||Popular Star Award||Bichunmoo||Won|||
|2001||Best Leading Actress||Wanee & Junah||Nominated|
|Popular Star Award||Won|||
|Cosmo Beauty Awards||2012||Beauty Icon of the Year||Kim Hee-sun||Won|||
|Fair Face Beauty Contest||1992||Grand Prize (Daesang)||Won|
|Hong Kong Film Awards||2006||Best Original Film Song||The Myth||Nominated|
|KBS Drama Awards||1994||Best Young Actress||The Story of Chunhyang||Nominated|
|1995||Best New Actress||Sons of the Wind||Won|
|1996||Excellence Award, Actress||A Faraway Country, Colors||Won|
|2014||Top Excellence Award, Actress||Wonderful Days||Nominated|
|Excellence Award, Actress in a Serial Drama||Nominated|
|Korean Culture and Entertainment Awards||2012||Best Actress||Faith||Won|||
|Korea Drama Awards||2015||Top Excellence Award, Actress||Angry Mom||Nominated|
|MBC Drama Awards||1998||Popularity Award||Forever Yours, Sunflower||Won|
|2015||Grand Prize (Daesang)||Angry Mom||Nominated|
|Top 10 Stars||Won|||
|Top Excellence Award, Actress in a Miniseries||Nominated|
|SBS Drama Awards||1998||Grand Prize (Daesang)||Mister Q||Won|
|Big Star Award||Won|
|2012||Top Excellence Award, Actress in a Miniseries||Faith||Nominated|
|2020||Grand Prize (Daesang)||Alice||Nominated|||
|Top Excellence Award, Actress in a Miniseries Fantasy/Romance Drama||Nominated|||
|The Seoul Awards||2017||Best Actress||The Lady in Dignity||Nominated|||
|Country Or Organization||Year||Honor Or Award||Ref.|
|National Tax Service[note 1]||2005||Prime Minister's Commendation|||
|Chung-Ang University||Blue Dragon Achievement Award|||
|Forbes||2018||Korea Power Celebrity||19th|||
- Honors are given at the Taxpayers' Day ceremony.
- 10년만의 졸업 김희선 "미팅못한 게 제일 아쉬워". Star News (in Korean). 18 February 2005.
- 김희선 "20대 원없이 보내..지금이 더 좋아". Yonhap News (in Korean). 22 November 2012.
- '라디오스타' 배철수, 김희선 미모 극찬... "처음에 회장님 조카인 줄". etoday (in Korean). 21 May 2014.
- "Fans Eagerly Await Wedding of Kim Hee-sun". The Chosun Ilbo. 10 August 2007. Retrieved 2012-11-18.
- '천방지축' 김희선의 나이듦이 아쉽지 않은 이유. Oh My Star (in Korean). 18 December 2012.
- "<試寫評> KBS 2TV새주말극「목욕탕집 남자들」". Yonhap News (in Korean). 18 November 2005.
- "<제작현장> KBS새월화미니시리즈 「프로포즈」". Yonhap News (in Korean). 6 June 1997.
- "[클로즈업] 김희선 .. KBS2TV '프로포즈' 유라역". Hankyung (in Korean). 9 June 1997.
- "<방송> KBS-2 TV 새 주말연속극 '웨딩드레스'". Yonhap News (in Korean). 3 December 1997.
- "MBC '안녕 내사랑' 이창순 PD와 김희선". Hankook Ilbo (in Korean). 31 August 1999.
- "'미스터Q'원작엔 한해원은 없었다". JoongAng Ilbo (in Korean). 19 June 1998.
- "[스튜디오] MBC 새 메디컬 드라마 '해바라기'". Chosun Ilbo (in Korean). 9 November 1998.
- "SBS '미스터Q'의 인기를 '토마토'로 잇는다". Yonhap News (in Korean). 15 April 1999.
- 김희선 씨, 20년전과 똑같은 성격미녀 맞네요(종합). Newsen (in Korean). 18 December 2002.
- "Fans of Snubbed Beauties up in Arms". The Chosun Ilbo. 6 April 2005. Retrieved 2013-06-03.
- "TV Star Kim, 7th Most Beautiful Woman". The Chosun Ilbo.
- 이것이 원조 패션 퀸의 위력! 김희선 패션 화제!. Kiz Mom (in Korean). 17 August 2012. Archived from the original on 3 November 2014.
- 브라운관에서는 여왕...영화계만 가면 참패하는 여배우는?. Segye (in Korean). 9 May 2007. Archived from the original on 3 November 2014.
- <화제> 영화 사운드트랙도 '호화 캐스팅'. Yonhap News (in Korean). 24 August 1996.
- <새영화> 영혼들의 사랑이야기「자귀모」. Yonhap News (in Korean). 10 August 1999.
- <비천무> 개봉에 맞춰 홍콩을 방문한 김희선,신현준. Cine21 (in Korean). 9 March 2001.
- '힐링' 김희선, '비천무'後 연예계 떠나고 싶었다. Star News (in Korean). 18 December 2012.
- Yeo, Si-dong (25 July 2001). "China's TCL Signs Actress Kim Hee-sun in Promo Deal". The Chosun Ilbo. Retrieved 2012-11-18.
- "Actor Ahn Jae-wook and Actress Kim Hee-sun Most Popular in China". The Chosun Ilbo. 24 November 2003. Retrieved 2012-11-18.
- 김희선, '와니만큼 공들인적 없어요'. Cine21 (in Korean). 23 November 2001.
- "이젠 '공주'이미지 잊어주세요" 영화 '와니와 준하' 주연 김희선. KMIB (in Korean). 9 November 2001.
- [인터뷰] <화성으로 간 사나이>의 김희선. Cine21 (in Korean). 28 February 2003.
- "Actors and Actresses of Korean Cinema: Kim Hee-sun". Koreanfilm.org. Archived from the original on 2018-02-24. Retrieved 2012-11-18.
- "<연합인터뷰>SBS '요조숙녀' 김희선". Yonhap News (in Korean). 23 July 2003.
- Suh, Jung-bo (21 October 2004). "Kim Hee-sun, A Blind Singer in the New Drama Sad Love Song". The Dong-a Ilbo. Retrieved 2012-11-18.
- Hwang, You-mee (15 January 2005). "TV dramas woo viewers with top actresses". The Korea Herald. Retrieved 2012-11-18.
- "Actress Kim Hee-seon Holds Promo Tour in Japan". KBS Global. 3 August 2007. Archived from the original on 19 December 2013. Retrieved 18 November 2012.
- Song, Won-sup (12 July 2004). "Chinese Press Predict Kim Hee-sun to be Reborn as Representative Brand of Asia". The Chosun Ilbo. Retrieved 2012-11-18.
- "Korean stars in new Jackie Chan movie". Korea JoongAng Daily. 27 September 2005.
- "김희선, SBS '스마일 어게인' 1년만에 안방복귀". Star News (in Korean). 7 April 2006.
- "Actress on Magazine Cover With Daughter". The Korea Times. 19 August 2009. Retrieved 2012-11-18.
- "Kim's 1st Appearance After Delivering Baby". The Korea Times. 8 April 2009. Retrieved 2012-11-18.
- "Actress Kim Hee-sun Promotes Her Book at Charity Bazaar". The Chosun Ilbo. 11 April 2009. Retrieved 2012-11-18.
- Park, Min-young (6 April 2009). "Celebrity moms, what's their secret?". The Korea Herald. Retrieved 2012-11-18.
- "Actress Kim Hee-sun Set to Make Comeback". The Chosun Ilbo. 1 January 2010. Retrieved 2012-11-18.
- Sunwoo, Carla (5 January 2012). "Kim Hee-sun lands lead role in Faith". Korea JoongAng Daily. Archived from the original on 26 June 2012. Retrieved 18 November 2012.
- Sunwoo, Carla (13 July 2012). "Kim Hee-sun, Lee Min-ho start filming". Korea JoongAng Daily. Archived from the original on 18 July 2012. Retrieved 2012-11-18.
- Ho, Stewart (29 August 2012). "Kim Hee Sun Says Secret Garden, Sun And The Moon Inspired Her to Return to Acting". enewsWorld. Archived from the original on 29 January 2013. Retrieved 2012-11-18.
- Choi, Bo-ran (4 September 2012). "Actress Kim Hee Sun says, "Unless you accept time goes by, that will give you huge stress"". Star News. Archived from the original on 2 April 2015. Retrieved 28 November 2012.
- Yu, Ah-jeong (29 November 2012). "After 5 years, TV beauty has Faith in comeback". Korea JoongAng Daily. Archived from the original on 3 December 2012. Retrieved 2012-11-28.
- Ho, Stewart (15 January 2013). "Strong Heart 2 to Be Led By Shin Dong Yeop, Kim Hee Sun and Yoon Jong Shin". enewsWorld. Archived from the original on 16 February 2013. Retrieved 2013-01-15.
- Lee, Sun-min (6 January 2014). "New drama for Kim Hee-sun". Korea JoongAng Daily. Retrieved 2014-02-11.
- Kim, Hee-eun (10 February 2014). "Kim Hee-sun gets Wonderful". Korea JoongAng Daily. Retrieved 2014-02-11.
- Sohn, Ji-young (18 March 2015). "New MBC drama to address school violence, bullying". The Korea Herald. Retrieved 2015-03-19.
- "Kim Hee-sun is going back to school for 'Angry Mom'". Korea JoongAng Daily.
- 《幻城》又有大咖加盟 徐娇金喜善造型妖异(组图). NetEase (in Chinese). 8 September 2015.
- "Kim Hee-sun to come back with "Lady With Class"". Hancinema. 22 June 2016.
- "Don't discount Kim Hee-sun's star power : After success of 'Woman of Dignity,' the fashion icon talks surpassing expectations". Korea JoongAng Daily. 21 August 2017.
- "[INTERVIEW] Actress Kim Hee-sun shines in 'Woman of Dignity'". The Korea Times. 21 August 2017.
- "Kim Hee-sun plays double roles in soul-changing thriller". The Korea Times. 3 October 2018.
- "Actress Kim Hee-sun prepares for big screen return in Korea after 15 years". The Korea Times. 27 December 2018.
- "Sci-Fi Human Romance "Alice" Confirms Kim Hee-sun and Joo Won". Hancinema. November 21, 2019.
- Yoon Hyo-jeong (July 2, 2021). "김희선, 저승사자 된다…웹툰 원작 '내일' 주인공 확정" [Kim Hee-sun becomes a grim reaper... The main character of the webtoon original 'Tomorrow' confirmed]. News 1 (in Korean). Naver. Retrieved July 2, 2021.
- Choi, April (30 July 2007). "Actress Kim Hee-sun's Fiance Is Businessman". The Korea Times. Retrieved 2012-11-18.
- "S. Korean star Kim Hee-sun's wedding". Xinhua News Agency. 20 October 2007. Archived from the original on October 22, 2007. Retrieved 2012-11-18.
- Garcia, Cathy Rose A. (21 January 2009). "Kim Hee-sun Gives Birth to Baby Girl". The Korea Times. Retrieved 2012-11-18.
- "Actress Kim Hee-sun Gives Birth to a Baby Girl". The Chosun Ilbo. 23 January 2009. Retrieved 2012-11-18.
- "Popular actress regrets admitting to having a daughter". The Korea Times. 24 November 2012. Retrieved 2012-11-30.
- Oh Yoon-joo (March 9, 2022). "김희선, 산불 피해 구호 위해 1억 원 기부 [공식]" [Kim Hee-sun, donated 100 million won to relief from wildfire damage [Official]] (in Korean). My Daily. Retrieved March 9, 2022 – via Naver.
- Lee Mi-na (April 25, 2022). "김희선, 서울아산병원에 1억 기부 "이웃의 아픔 함께" [공식]" [Kim Hee-sun, donated 100 million won to Asan Medical Center in Seoul "Together with the pain of our neighbors" [Official]] (in Korean). Korea Economic Daily. Retrieved April 25, 2022 – via Naver.
- [스타&스타일] 송승헌 김희선 김현주 '연기대결'. Hankook Ilbo (in Korean). 29 May 1999.
- Jo Ji-young (August 1, 2022). "[공식] 유해진X김희선X차인표X진선규X한선화, 로코 '달짝지근해' 캐스팅 확정" [[Official] Hae-Jin YooX Hee-Sun Kim X In-Pyo Cha X Seon-Kyu Jin X Sun-Hwa Han, confirmed to be cast in Rocco's 'Sweet Sea'] (in Korean). Sports Chosun. Retrieved August 1, 2022 – via Naver.
- "KBS, 대형특집극에 새얼굴 전격 기용". Yonhap News (in Korean). 30 June 1994.
- 방송> 흥미거리 풍성한 <이가사크리스티. Yonhap News (in Korean). 4 April 1995.
- "<방송> KBS '컬러'주제 드라마.영화". Yonhap News (in Korean). 27 April 1996.
- "<방송> KBS 새수목드라마「머나먼 나라」". Yonhap News (in Korean). 2 September 1996.
- '김희선=히트' 공식 이어질까. Yonhap News (in Korean). 23 July 1999.
- Jeong Hee-yeon (May 6, 2021). "김희선 측 "'내일' 긍정검토…'블랙의 신부' 제안만" [공식입장]" [Kim Hee-sun's side "Positive review of 'Tomorrow'... Only the proposal of ‘The Black Bride’” [Official Position]]. sports.donga (in Korean). Retrieved May 6, 2020.
- Son Jin-ah (July 21, 2021). "넷플릭스 시리즈 '블랙의 신부' 제작 확정…김희선→차지연 캐스팅(공식)" [Netflix series 'The Black Bride' confirmed... Kim Hee-sun → Cha Ji-yeon Casting (Official)]. MK Sports (in Korean). Naver. Retrieved July 21, 2021.
- "<방송> 재미와 교육을 가미한 MBC「TV 시간여행」". Yonhap News (in Korean). April 17, 2005.
- 방송3사 가족프로 위주로 추석특집 편성. Yonhap News (in Korean). September 13, 1999.
- '김희선 바자회' 톱스타 총출동. The Korea Times (in Korean). January 17, 2001.
- "MBC 휴먼다큐 '엄지공주III' 내레이션 맡은 김희선". iMBC (in Korean). May 29, 2009.
- "[공식입장] '섬총사' PD "김희선 출연, 자신감 ·예능감 충만"". Osen (in Korean). April 6, 2017.
- "New host enlivens troubled talk show 'Talkmon'". Yonhap News Agency. 20 February 2018.
- Park Soo-in (May 25, 2021). "tvN 측 "김희선 탁재훈 유태오 문세윤 카이 새 예능 출연, 7월 첫방송"(공식입장)". Newsen (in Korean). Retrieved May 26, 2021 – via naver.
- Jung Han-byul (June 17, 2021). "김희선→카이, 신혼여행 돕는다…'우도주막' 출연". Hankook Ilbo (in Korean). Naver. Retrieved June 17, 2021 – via Naver.
- Lee, Hyung-suk (January 1, 2003). '앙드레김 베스트 스타어워드' 시상. Yonhap News (in Korean). Naver. Retrieved December 23, 2021.
- 앙드레 김이 사랑한 수많은 별들. Herald Pop (in Korean). Naver. March 13, 2010. Retrieved December 23, 2021.
- Go, Jae-wan (November 27, 2009). "송윤아-한채영 등 '앙드레김 스타상' 수상...각계 각층 VIP대거 참석". Asiae (in Korean). Naver. Retrieved December 23, 2021.
- Kim, Seok-tae (November 16, 2014). "2014 APAN Star Awards, 조인성 대상". Gukje News (in Korean). Retrieved December 23, 2021.
- "Kim Soo-hyun wins grand prize at APAN Star Awards". Kpop Herald. November 29, 2015. Retrieved December 23, 2021.
- Jeong, Jin-young (October 2, 2016). "[2016 아시아태평양 스타 어워즈] 김희선-송중기, 아시아스타상 韓 대표 수상". Aju News (in Korean). Retrieved December 23, 2021.
- "현빈, '2020 APAN' 대상...강하늘·김희선·이상엽·이민정 최우수연기상 - 싱글리스트". www.slist.kr (in Korean). 2021-01-24. Retrieved 2021-01-26.
- Lee Ho-yeon (January 23, 2021). "'2020 APAN 어워즈' 강하늘·이민정·이상엽·김희선, 흥행작 이끈 최우수상 영예". hankookilbo (in Korean). Retrieved January 23, 2020.
- "EXO, Kim Hee-sun win big at 2017 Asia Artist Awards". The Korea Herald. 16 November 2017.
- "반짝 한류스타가 아니다"...김희선, 亞 최고 매력상 수상. Dispatch (in Korean). November 4, 2015.
- [제38회 백상예술대상 영화부문 인기상] 김희선. JoongAng Ilbo (in Korean). 13 March 2002. Archived from the original on 27 November 2018. Retrieved 26 November 2018.
- "제54회 백상예술대상, TV·영화 각 부문별 수상 후보자 공개". JTBC (in Korean). 6 April 2018.
- "[영화]청룡영화사 작품상 '공동경비구역 JSA'". Donga Ilbo (in Korean). 1 December 2000.
- <봄날은 간다>,청룡영화상 최우수 작품상. Cine21 (in Korean). 13 December 2001.
- Ho, Stewart (5 November 2012). "Kim Hee Sun Selected as Icon of the Year at 9th Annual Cosmopolitan Asia Beauty Awards". enewsWorld. Archived from the original on January 29, 2013. Retrieved 2012-11-18.
- Sunwoo, Carla (6 November 2012). "Kim Hee-sun 'iconic woman' of 2012". Korea JoongAng Daily. Archived from the original on 26 January 2013. Retrieved 2012-11-18.
- "The 20th Korea Culture Entertainment Grand Prize Winners List". Korea Culture Entertainment Awards (in Korean). Archived from the original on 2013-04-13.
- "[MBC 연기대상] 김성령-김희선부터 지성-김유정까지, 10대스타상 수상". Financial News (in Korean). 30 December 2015.
- "SBS 연기대상에 고두심". Yonhap News (in Korean). 1 January 2001.
- "[2020 SBS 연기대상] 남궁민·주지훈·김혜수·김소연·한석규·주원·김희선, 대상 후보". 매일경제. 31 December 2020.
- Jeong, Hee-yeon (January 1, 2021). "이민호-박은빈, '2020 SBS 연기대상' 미니시리즈 판타지/로맨스 최우수연기상" [Lee Min-ho and Park Eun-bin, '2020 SBS Drama Awards' Miniseries Fantasy/Romance Best Actor Award] (in Korean). Sports Donga. Retrieved September 11, 2022 – via Naver.
- '제1회 더 서울어워즈' 노미네이트 공개, 이보영 지성 김희선 조승우 등 화려한 라인업 공개. SE Daily (in Korean). 28 September 2017.
- Sullivan, Martin (July 8, 2020). "K-Pop Stars Promote South Korean Tax Compliance". Forbes. Archived from the original on July 8, 2020. Retrieved May 20, 2021.
- 김희선, '성실납세' 국무총리상 받아. Yonhap News (in Korean). 2 March 2005.
- Nam, An-woo (February 12, 2005). 김희선, 중앙대 '청룡 공로상' 수상. Naver (in Korean). Retrieved December 23, 2021.
- Yang, Mi-sun (March 23, 2018). 한국 연예계의 세대교체 [Generational change in Korean entertainment industry]. JoongAng Ilbo (in Korean). Archived from the original on March 27, 2018. Retrieved May 21, 2021 – via Joins.