Kim Il-sung bibliography
|↙Total number of works||10,800|
According to North Korean sources, the works of Kim Il-sung amount to approximately 10,800 speeches, reports, books, treatises and other types of works. In North Korea, his works are published by the Workers' Party of Korea Publishing House.
Kim Il-sung's works are published and republished in countless collections. These include the 100-volume Complete Works of Kim Il-sung (chŏjakchip), the 50-volume Collected Works (chŏjakchip) and the 15-volume Selected Works (sŏnjip).
Different editions have played a significant role in the propagation of the Juche idea. In 1960, the second edition of a collection of Kim Il-sung's speeches was published. It included Kim's speech On Eliminating Dogmatism and Formalism and Establishing Juche in Ideological Work, which was not considered an important work at the time. After the publication, American scholars translated the speech into English and left the word "Juche" untranslated. According to B.R. Myers, this marked the begin of the recognition of Juche as a distinct ideology.
According to B.R. Myers, Kim Il-sung's cult of personality was consciously trying to match that of Mao Zedong. Thus when Mao was renowned for his poetry, the North Koreans matched this with claiming that Kim Il-sung had written plays during the anti-Japanese struggle of the 1930s. Two plays that were allegedly written by Kim Il-sung are The Sea of Blood and The Flower Girl. Nonetheless, Kim Il-sung also wrote at least one poem, called "Brightest Star", written in 1992 to congratulate Kim Jong-il on behalf of the latter's birthday.
- "Immortal classical works written by President Kim Il Sung". Naenara. May 2008. Retrieved 2015-01-16.
- Yonhap News Agency, Seoul (27 December 2002). North Korea Handbook. M.E. Sharpe. p. 424. ISBN 978-0-7656-3523-5.
- Lim 2015, p. 28.
- ""Complete Collection of Kim Il Sung's Works" Off Press". KCNA. January 18, 2012. Retrieved January 16, 2015.
- Ruediger Frank (October 22, 2013). "The North Korean Tablet Computer Samjiyon: Hardware, Software and Resources — A 38 North Product Review by Ruediger Frank" (PDF). 38 North. p. 15. Retrieved 15 October 2015.
- O'Carroll, Chad; Myers, B.R. (2013). Interview with B.R. Myers: pt. 1, "North Korea's Juche Myth". SoundCloud (NK News). Event occurs at 20:30-26:00. Retrieved 2015-10-15.
- Myers, B.R. (February 11, 2010). Book Discussion on The Cleanest Race. C-SPAN.org. Event occurs at 4:20-5:00. Retrieved 2015-10-15.
- Schönherr 2012, p. 46.
- Schönherr 2012, p. 49.
- Lim 2015, p. 95.
|By Kim Il-sung|
- Works of Kim Il-sung at Naenara
- Books and articles at Korean Friendship Association
- Kim Il-sung Internet Archive at the Marxists Internet Archive