Kim Jones (designer)
|Kim Jones (designer)|
11 September 1979
|Residence||London, UK, Paris France|
|Education||Central Saint Martins|
Jones presented 8 collections for his main line, with the most recent having been shown in New York during the Men's Collections in February 2007. He presented his first catwalk collection in September 2003 at London fashion week and made his Paris debut in July 2004, where he showed for 5 consecutive seasons. Other presentations have varied from films with Alasdair McLellen and Toyin, to a book with American art photographer Luke Smalley.
Alongside his own collection Jones has designed and worked for a variety of companies, including Uniqlo, Topman, Umbro producing Umbro by Kim Jones, Mulberry, Louis Vuitton, McQ by Alexander McQueen, Hugo Boss and Iceberg. Kim has contributed both as Stylist and Art Director for magazines including Dazed & Confused, Arena Homme +, Another Magazine, the New York Times T Style magazine, 10 Men, V Man, i-D magazine, Numero Homme and Fantastic Man. He has also contributed womenswear styling for V and POP magazines. The Face magazine had him as one of the top 100 influential people in fashion, at number 20.
In 2008 Jones was hired as Creative Director of British men’s luxury goods brand Alfred Dunhill.
In 2011, Jones was named the new style director of Louis Vuitton’s men’s ready-to-wear division, replacing Paul Helbers who held the position for five years.
- 'Umbro by Kim Jones', photographed by Alasdair McLellen, self-published, 2006
- Short film ‘Everywhere’ with Alasdair McLellen, for London Fashion Week February 2006
- Short film ‘Poplife’ with Will Davidson, for showstudio.com Spring/Summer 2006
- A womenswear collection for Isetan Tokyo 120th anniversary alongside Visionaire and Comme des Garçons
- Exhibition at the Museum of London, “The London Look – fashion from the street to catwalk,” October 2004
- ‘Kim Jones’ by Luke Smalley, published by Twin Palms, 2004
- Short film with Toyin for the launch of the Autumn/Winter 2003 collection edited by Andrew Daffy
- Short film, “Raphi” with Toyin, for showstudio.com
Awards and honors
- Menswear Designer Of The Year, British Fashion Council, 2009
- Menswear Designer Of The Year, British Fashion Council, 2006
- Topshop New Generation Award, twice winner
- Dazed and Confused/Egg Bursary
- GQ Magazine – 3 nominations for “Man Of The Year” Awards two years running
- Elle Style Awards – 3 nominations
- Arena magazine- menswear design award nominee