Senator Pate in October 2017
|Senator from Ontario|
|Assumed office |
November 10, 2016
|Nominated by||Justin Trudeau|
|Appointed by||David Johnston|
|Born||November 10, 1959|
|Political party||Independent Senators Group|
In 2014, she was named a Member of the Order of Canada for advocating on behalf of women who are marginalized, victimized or incarcerated, and for her research on women in the criminal justice system.
On October 31, 2016, it was announced that Prime Minister Justin Trudeau would recommend that she be appointed to the Senate of Canada. She will sit as an independent. Pate assumed office on November 10, 2016.
- Smith, Marie-Danielle (July 1, 2014). "Nine Ottawans named to Order of Canada". Ottawa Citizen.
- "Order of Canada Appointments". June 30, 2014. Retrieved July 1, 2014.
- "Trudeau taps former banker, cop and judge for Senate". Toronto Star, October 30, 2016.
- Interview: Kim Pate, The Fifth Estate, CBC News
- Kim Pate – Parliament of Canada biography
- New senator Kim Pate gives a voice to women in Canada's prisons Patrick White, The Globe and Mail, 2017 Jan.3