|Born||Kimberly Brooke Spradlin
January 30, 1983
|Residence||San Antonio, Texas, U.S.|
|Occupation||Bridal shop owner, television personality, interior designer|
|Employer||Kate Kingman Interiors|
|Spouse(s)||Bryan Wolfe (m. 2013)|
Kimberly Brooke Spradlin Wolfe (born January 30, 1983) is a bridal shop owner and interior designer from San Antonio, Texas. She is best known as the winner of 2012's Survivor: One World and its $1 million prize. She was also named the Sprint "Player of the Season" as voted by the show's fans, winning her another $100,000.
In spite of being one of the quieter contestants of Survivor: One World, Spradlin caught the attention of Alicia Rosa during the trek to the girl's camp because she posed as a strong player which forged her into Rosa's alliance along with Chelsea Meissner, Kat Edorsson, and Sabrina Thompson. Spradlin, and the rest of the Salani tribe then prospered, winning three consecutive challenges, and received free immunity when the Manono tribe decided to go to Tribal Council despite winning the Day 11 Immunity Challenge.
Following Spradlin's victories at the last two Immunity Challenges, she found herself in the Final Three with Meissner and Thompson. Spradlin's quiet and effective strategy earned the respect of seven of the nine Jury members, crowning her as the 24th Sole Survivor. She was awarded $1 million for winning the Survivor contest, and $100,000 more as the Sprint Player of the Season, which was awarded by viewer votes.
Soon after winning the $1 million prize, Spradlin appeared on the CBS daytime talk show The Talk, where she said she would use the money to improve her San Antonio bridal shop, and to take vacations. She also said she planned on being "generous" with family and friends. Shortly thereafter, she signed on with KENS, San Antonio's CBS affiliate, as an on-air contributor for the television show Great Day SA, where she did a segment called "Kim's Kart." She served in that capacity until 2016, when she left the station to focus on her interior design work. As of September 2016, she was working with Kate Kingman Interiors.
In 2013, English professor Ellen Sorg name-dropped Spradlin in a book which compared Survivor winners to Ken Jennings, a software engineer with a notable 74-game winning streak on Jeopardy! As an example, Sorg wrote that Spradlin won on Survivor because of a combination of practical and interpersonal intelligence, and suggested that Jennings, though very knowledgeable on many topics, would not fare as well on Survivor because the ability to recall many facts is not as valuable in daily life as overall intelligence is.
Spradlin married Bryan Wolfe over the weekend of March 16-17, 2013, in Cabo San Lucas, Mexico, on a private beach near their hotel. Her fellow Survivor tribemates Alicia Rosa and Kat Edorsson attended. About one month later, after going to change her name at the DMV in San Antonio, Spradlin was arrested due to a case of mistaken identity. She spent eight hours in jail when a staff member saw there was a warrant out for her arrest for check bouncing. However, after bailing herself out for $1,500, it turned out that there was another person with the same first name and birthday. She later stated: "Be careful at the DMV, ya never know what's going to happen."
In July 2013, she announced she was pregnant with her first child. She gave birth to a son, Michael Thomas Wolfe, on February 8, 2014. Her second child, a daughter named August Jane Wolfe, was born May 27, 2015. Her third child and second son in 27 months, Walt, was born on June 1, 2016.
- McKay, Mary-Jayne (May 14, 2012). "Survivor: One World Crowns a Winner". CBS News. CBS Interactive.
- Ross, Dalton (May 14, 2012). "'Survivor: One World': Winner Kim Spradlin reveals how she did it, her worst move, and what happened to that hidden immunity idol". Entertainment Weekly.
- Wigler, Josh (May 14, 2012). "'Survivor: One World': Why Kim Deserved To Win". MTV News. Viacom International.
- Corneau, Allison (May 14, 2012). "Survivor: One World: Kim Spradlin Wins $1 Million Prize". US Weekly.
- Chen, Joyce (May 14, 2012). "Survivor: One World winner Kim Spradlin: 'I didn't want to put my fate in anyone else's hands'". New York Daily News.
- Moraski, Lauren (May 14, 2012). "Survivor: One World winner Kim Spradlin plans to spend her $1M on 'special things'". CBS News.
- Jakle, Jeanne (September 28, 2016). "Two S.A. TV staples exit KENS in year of big media changes". San Antonio Express-News. Hearst Newspapers. Retrieved December 4, 2016.
- Sorg, Ellen (2013). "Survivor Has More to Do with Intelligence than Jeopardy!". In Shaun P. Young. Jeopardy! and Philosophy: What is Knowledge in the Form of a Question?. Popular Culture and Philosophy. 72. Open Court. pp. 164–166. ISBN 0812698045.
- Helling, Steve (March 17, 2013). "Survivor Winner Kim Spradlin Weds in Mexico". People.
- "'Survivor' Champ Kimberly Spradlin ARRESTED AT DMV In Major Police Mix-Up". TMZ. EHM Productions, Inc. April 26, 2013. Retrieved April 27, 2013.
- Wick, Krista (July 18, 2013). "'Survivor' Winner Kim Spradlin Pregnant". ET News. CBS Studios. Retrieved January 4, 2013.
- Survivor Winner Kim Spradlin Expecting First Child
|Winner of Survivor
Survivor: One World