Kim Sung-joo (entrepreneur)
|Occupation||CVO of MCM Holding AG and Sungjoo Group|
Kim Sung-joo (Hangul: 김성주; Sungjoo Kim, born 1956, Daegu, Korea) – Founder, Chairperson and Chief Visionary Officer of Sungjoo Group (founded 1990) and MCM Holding AG. In 2005 Sungjoo Group acquired MCM Holding AG, a German luxury fashion brand founded in Munich in 1976.
Kim was selected as a Global Leader of Tomorrow by the World Economic Forum in Davos in 1997 and received the Ethics in Business Award from the EU government in 2009. In 2012 she was listed in Forbes’ Top 50 Asian Business Women, selected as one of Asia's 25 Hottest CEOs by Fortune and invited by the United Nations be part of “Innovation 101” at the Decide Now Act summit. Kim served as Co-Chair of the Presidential Campaign Committee for Park Geun-hye.
In 2014 Kim was named president of the Korean Red Cross, the first female to hold the post. In 2015, received an honorary Officer of the Order of the British Empire (OBE) for her contribution to strengthening bilateral ties between the United Kingdom and the Republic of Korea.
- Kim Sung-joo (2000). Wake Up Call: A Beautiful Outcast. Seoul: Random House Joongang.
- Kim Sung-joo (2002). "Corporate Responsibility and Attitudes Towards Women". In Frank-Jürgen Richter; Pamela Mar (eds.). Recreating Asia: Visions for a New Century. New York: John Wiley. ISBN 978-0470820858.
- 1997: "Global Leaders for Tomorrow" by World Economic Forum
- 1999: "The 20 Most Powerful International Businesswomen" by Working Woman
- 2001: "7 most powerful women in Asia" by Asiaweek
- 2002: "Pride of Korea Grand Prize Winner" by Korean Press Association
- 2003: "New Century Leaders" by CNN for The Best of Asia
- 2004: "75 Top Powerful Women Around the World" by Bilanz
- 2004: "Woman of the Year Award" from the Korean National Council of Women
- 2005: "Korean Women Leadership Award" for Young Leader, from YWCA Korea
- 2007: "Spirit of Asian America" Gala Honorees by AAFNY (Asian American Federation of New York)
- 2007: "100 People to Enlighten the world 2007" by Korean Green Foundation
- 2008: "WLE Compass Award" by Women's Leadership Exchange
- 2011: Doctor Honoris Causa from Business School Lausanne
- 2015: "Honorary Officer of the Order of the British Empire"
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2016-07-21. Retrieved 2016-07-21.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)