Zolciak (left) at Carrier Annex, November 2009.
Kimberleigh Marie Zolciak
May 19, 1978
|Residence||Alpharetta, Georgia, U.S.|
|Other names||Kim Zolciak|
|Occupation||Television personality, singer|
|Home town||Windsor Locks, Connecticut|
Kimberleigh Marie Zolciak-Biermann (born May 19, 1968) is an American television personality. In 2008, she rose to prominence as one of the original housewives that appeared on the reality television series The Real Housewives of Atlanta aired on Bravo.
Zolciak-Biermann left The Real Housewives of Atlanta in 2012 during the fifth season of the series. Earlier that year, she received her own spin-off show titled Don't Be Tardy for the Wedding, which focused on the preparation of her wedding to football player Kroy Biermann. The series was subsequently renewed for a second season with a shortened title, Don't Be Tardy. The fourth season of the show premiered on August 16, 2015. In 2015, she was one of the contestants of the 21st season of the dancing competition series Dancing with the Stars.
Kim Zolciak was born in Pensacola, Florida, to a military family, and grew up in Windsor Locks, Connecticut. Her parents are Joseph and Karen, and she has a brother named Michael. She is of Polish and Italian descent and was raised Roman Catholic.
At age 17, Zolciak had an affair with a Windsor Locks police sergeant who had interviewed her as a material witness in a criminal investigation, initially resulting in the officer's firing. The termination was later changed to a 45-day suspension without pay. She graduated from East Catholic High School in Manchester, Connecticut in 1996, and studied nursing at the University of Connecticut. At 21, she moved to Atlanta, Georgia, where her parents had moved, and eventually settled in the suburb of Johns Creek.
Zolciak-Biermann first appeared on the reality television series The Real Housewives of Atlanta, airing on Bravo, on October 7, 2008. Between seasons four and five, Zolciak and her then fiancé were the subject of a spinoff show, Don't Be Tardy for the Wedding, chronicling Zolciak's wedding preparations. Zolciak left Real Housewives in the middle of the fifth season, with her final episode airing December 9, 2012. Don't Be Tardy for the Wedding, later renamed to Don't Be Tardy..., is in its fifth season as of 2016. Zolciak-Biermann returned to 'Real Housewives' for its tenth season in a recurring capacity.
Zolciak-Biermann was scheduled to star in a new reality show on Bravo with fellow The Real Housewives cast member, NeNe Leakes, called NeNe and Kim: The Road to Riches. However, the network later decided not to move forward with the show.
Zolciak-Biermann competed on the 21st season of the dancing competition show Dancing with the Stars. She was paired with professional dancer Tony Dovolani. She withdrew in September 2015, three weeks into the competition, because of a transient ischemic attack, which prevented her from air travel.
On March 12, 2013, Zolciak's Real Housewives of Atlanta castmate, Kandi Burruss, and her collaborating songwriter/producer, Rodney "Don Vito" Richard, filed suit against Zolciak for profits earned from "Tardy for the Party". In the documents filed, Burruss' attorney, RHOA castmate Phaedra Parks, alleges her clients wrote the song for Zolciak and that Zolciak released and sold the single "without [the] plaintiffs' authorization, license or consent." Burruss was also seeking a temporary restraining order to prevent future sales of the song and the "destruction of all copies of the infringing single and any other product of defendant's that infringe plaintiffs' copyrights", punitive damages, attorney's fees, and a jury trial.
In May 2010, Zolciak met Atlanta Falcons football player Kroy Biermann at the charity event Dancing with Atlanta Stars. Their meeting was later shown on season three of The Real Housewives of Atlanta. The couple wed at their Roswell, Georgia, home on November 11, 2011. They have four children together: Kroy Jagger "KJ" (born May 31, 2011), Kash Kade (born August 15, 2012), and twins Kaia Rose and Kane Ren (born November 25, 2013).
In March 2013, Biermann filed to adopt Zolciak's daughters. In July 2013, the adoption became final and the girls subsequently changed their last names to become Brielle Biermann and Ariana Biermann.
|2009||"Tardy for the Party"|
|2012||"Love Me First"|
|2018||"Wig (Wish I Gave a S**t)"|
- "Happy Birthday, My beautiful birthday twin!!". Kim Zolciak Twitter page. May 19, 2012. Archived from the original on July 22, 2015.
- Willard, Chris (November 25, 2008). "Real Housewives: Kim Talks NeNe, Big Papa and Hair Extensions". People. Archived from the original on June 26, 2015. Retrieved December 22, 2013.
I'm sorry they feel that [I am older], but the reality is I am 30 — and you can take it or leave it.
- Catlin, Roger (October 5, 2010). "Kim Zolciak, the Connecticut Years". Hartford Courant. Connecticut. Archived from the original on March 4, 2016.
- "Kim Zolciak-Biermann Has a Brother?". September 20, 2015. Retrieved April 24, 2018.
- Mosthof, Mariella (October 12, 2010). "Kim Zolciak Dishes All the H'Wife Drama". Wetpaint.com. Archived from the original on November 12, 2015. Retrieved June 3, 2015.
- Marks, Paul (June 24, 1981). "Windsor Locks Officer Tells Of Secretly Taping Superiors". Hartford Courant. Connecticut. Archived from the original on December 3, 2015. Retrieved July 14, 2016.
- Marks, Paul (September 3, 1997). "Windsor Locks Police Sergeant Gets Job Back". Hartford Courant. Connecticut. Archived from the original on October 24, 2015. Retrieved November 17, 2017.
- Marks, Paul (August 12, 1999). "Police Sergeant Agrees To Retire". Hartford Courant. Connecticut. Archived from the original on December 18, 2016. Retrieved November 17, 2017.
- Corneau, Allison (December 3, 2012). "Real Housewives of Atlanta's Kim Zolciak-Biermann: I Stopped Speaking to My Costars". Us Weekly. Archived from the original on December 6, 2012. Retrieved December 17, 2012.
- Gerard, Jeremy (March 30, 2015). "Bravo Media Slates 10 New Series, Including 'Recipe For Deception' – Upfronts". Deadline Hollywood (Press release). Archived from the original on July 22, 2015. Retrieved March 30, 2015.
- Rayford Rubenstein, Janine (July 14, 2014). "NeNe Leakes and Kim Zolciak-Biermann's Bravo Reality Show Isn't Happening". People. Time Inc. Retrieved November 16, 2015.
- "Dancing with the Stars Season 21 Cast Announcement" (Press release). ABC. September 2, 2015. Archived from the original on October 16, 2015. Retrieved September 2, 2015.
- "'Dancing with the Stars' Recap: TV Night in the Ballroom". BuddyTV.com. Retrieved September 30, 2015.
- Corinthios, Aurelie; Dugan, Christina (September 29, 2015). "Tony Dovolani Reacts to Wendy Williams' Questioning Kim Zolciak-Biermann's Mini Stroke: 'It Was Definitely Not Fake'". People. Time Inc. Retrieved November 25, 2015.
- Johnson, Zach (March 14, 2013). "Celebrity News: Kandi Burruss Sues Kim Zolciak for 'Tardy for the Party' Profits". Us Weekly. Retrieved June 3, 2015.
- Rosenfeld, Laura (May 9, 2016). "Kim Zolciak-Biermann Made a Major Announcement at Her Early Birthday Party". Bravo. The Daily Dish. Retrieved September 19, 2016.
- "Kashmere Products". Kashmere Kollections. Retrieved September 19, 2016.
- Falco, Tom (September 18, 2016). "10 random things you didn't know about Real Housewife Kim Zolciak". The Huffington Post. Retrieved September 19, 2016.
- Ho, Rodney (December 16, 2010). "Kim Zolciak Planning a Relationships Book". The Atlanta Journal-Constitution. Archived from the original on September 28, 2013.
- "The Real Housewives of Atlanta's Kim Zolciak: yes, I'm bisexual". Life & Style Weekly. March 24, 2010. Archived from the original on July 22, 2015. Retrieved June 3, 2015.
- Benzie, Mike (May 3, 2011). "Atlanta's 'Real Housewife' Kim Zolciak-Biermann to move into Roswell mansion". Yahoo!. Archived from the original on December 11, 2011.
- Hammel, Sara (November 11, 2011). "Kim Zolciak, Kroy Biermann Wed on 11/11/11". People. Archived from the original on March 31, 2014. Retrieved June 3, 2015.
- Christianson, Emily (June 1, 2011). "Kim Zolciak, Kroy Biermann welcome baby boy". Los Angeles Times. Archived from the original on January 27, 2013. Retrieved June 4, 2011.
- Harper, Jen (August 16, 2012). "Kim Zolciak gives birth to baby boy Kash Kade". Zap2it.com. Archived from the original on October 12, 2013. Retrieved August 16, 2012.
- Eggenberger, Nicole (November 25, 2013). "Kim Zolciak Welcomes Twins, Baby Girl Kaia and Baby Boy Kane, With Husband Kroy Biermann". Us Weekly. Retrieved November 25, 2013.
- "Kim Zolciak's Husband Kroy Biermann -- I Wanna Adopt Kim's Girls!". TMZ.com. March 24, 2013. Archived from the original on September 23, 2015. Retrieved November 12, 2015.
- Johnson, Zach (July 24, 2013). "Kroy Biermann Adopts Kim Zolciak's Two Daughters, Brielle and Ariana". Us Weekly. Archived from the original on September 11, 2015. Retrieved November 12, 2015.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Kim Zolciak.|