Kimberly Township, Aitkin County, Minnesota
|Kimberly Township, Minnesota|
|• Total||36.9 sq mi (95.7 km2)|
|• Land||35.9 sq mi (93.0 km2)|
|• Water||1.0 sq mi (2.7 km2)|
|Elevation||1,230 ft (375 m)|
|• Density||5/sq mi (2.1/km2)|
|Time zone||Central (CST) (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|GNIS feature ID||0664633|
According to the United States Census Bureau, the township has a total area of 36.9 square miles (95.7 km2), of which 35.9 square miles (93.0 km2) is land and 1.0 square mile (2.7 km2), or 2.82%, is water.
- Camp Lake
- Dam Lake (northwest three-quarters)
- Newstrom Lake
- Fleming Township (north)
- Jevne Township (northeast)
- Lee Township (southeast)
- Glen Township (south)
- Nordland Township (southwest)
- Spencer Township (west)
The township contains these three cemeteries: Anderson, Forest and Howard Private.
As of the census of 2000, there were 245 people, 97 households, and 73 families residing in the township. The population density was 6.8 people per square mile (2.6/km²). There were 177 housing units at an average density of 4.9/sq mi (1.9/km²). The racial makeup of the township was 100.00% White.
There were 97 households out of which 27.8% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 68.0% were married couples living together, 2.1% had a female householder with no husband present, and 24.7% were non-families. 21.6% of all households were made up of individuals and 9.3% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.53 and the average family size was 2.92.
In the township the population was spread out with 23.7% under the age of 18, 4.9% from 18 to 24, 20.0% from 25 to 44, 35.1% from 45 to 64, and 16.3% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 46 years. For every 100 females there were 116.8 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 112.5 males.
The median income for a household in the township was $32,500, and the median income for a family was $45,625. Males had a median income of $25,357 versus $20,625 for females. The per capita income for the township was $16,161. About 10.9% of families and 15.4% of the population were below the poverty line, including 15.6% of those under the age of eighteen and 28.3% of those sixty five or over.
- United States National Atlas
- United States Census Bureau 2007 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- United States Board on Geographic Names (GNIS)
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (G001): Kimberly township, Aitkin County, Minnesota". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Retrieved June 13, 2013.
- Upham, Warren (2001). Minnesota Place Names: A Geographical Encyclopedia. Minnesota Historical Society Press. p. 16.