|Traded as||NYSE: KIM|
S&P 500 Index component
|Industry||Real estate investment trust|
|Headquarters||New Hyde Park, New York|
|Conor C. Flynn, CEO|
Milton Cooper, Chairman, Glenn G. Cohen, CFO
|Revenue||$1.183 billion (2017)|
|$0.426 billion (2017)|
|Total assets||$11.763 billion (2017)|
|Total equity||$5.394 billion (2017)|
Number of employees
|Footnotes / references|
Kimco Realty Corporation is a real estate investment trust that invests in shopping centers. As of June 30, 2019, the company owned interests in 428 shopping centers, comprising 75 million square feet of leasable space.
Kimco Realty Corporation was founded in 1966 by a group of real estate investors, including Martin Kimmel and Milton Cooper, who merged their retail assets.
In 1998, the company acquired Price REIT for $535 million in stock.
- "Kimco Realty Corporation 2017 Form 10-K Annual Report". U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission.
- Pomerantz, Dorothy (March 10, 2008). "Beyond The Big Box". Forbes.
- Kirkpatrick, David D. (January 14, 1998). "Kimco to Announce Pact to Acquire Price REIT for $535 Million in Stock". The Wall Street Journal.
- "Kimco Realty Corporation Completes Acquisition of Mid-Atlantic Realty Trust" (Press release). Business Wire. October 1, 2003.
- "Kimco to Buy Mid-Atlantic Realty Trust for $444 Million". The New York Times. Bloomberg news. June 19, 2003.
- Kimco Realty Corporation announces third quarter transaction activity Business Wire, October 08, 2007
- GC Firm Buys Jericho Atrium, 2 Mineola Properties GC News, August 03, 2007