|Traded as||NYSE: KIM
S&P 500 Component
|Industry||Real Estate Investment Trust|
|Headquarters||New Hyde Park, New York, United States|
|Milton Cooper, Chairman and Conor Flynn, CEO|
|Revenue||$1,167 Million USD (2015)|
|$831 Million USD (2015)|
Number of employees
Kimco Realty Corporation (NYSE: KIM) is a real estate investment trust (REIT) headquartered in New Hyde Park, New York., that is one of North America’s largest publicly traded owner and operator of open-air shopping centers. As of March 31, 2017, the company owned interests in 517 U.S shopping centers, comprising 84 million square feet of leasable space across 34 U.S. states and Puerto Rico.
Publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) since 1991, and included in the S&P 500 Index, the company has specialized in shopping center acquisitions, development and management for more than 50 years. . For further information, please visit www.kimcorealty.com, the company’s blog at http://blog.kimcorealty.com, or follow Kimco on Twitter at www.twitter.com/kimcorealty.
Kimco Realty Corporation was founded in 1966 by a group of real estate investors who decided to group their shopping center assets to create a resourceful corporation. Martin Kimmel and Milton Cooper were part of the corporation's founders. Originally, Kimco Realty Corporation was focused on building its own shopping centers. During the 1980s, Cooper changed the corporation's strategy to focus on acquisitions. In 1991, Kimco became a public company in the first REIT public offering, valued at $120 million.
Milton Cooper is the company's Executive Chairman, Conor Flynn is the company's President,and Chief Executive Officer.
- Marysville Towne Center (Marysville, WA)
- Burke Town Plaza (Burke, VA)
- Enchanted Forest Shopping Center a retail establishment built on a historic children's theme park site in Ellicott City, Maryland.
- Cupertino Village (Cupertino, CA)
- Village Commons S.C. (Tallahassee, FL), January 2013
- Columbia Crossing, II (Columbia, MD), January 2013
- Roseville Plaza (Roseville, MN), January 2013
- Wilton Campus (Wilton, CT), March 2013
- Crossroads Plaza (Cary, NC), February 2014
- Quail Corners (Charlotte, NC), March 2014
- Boston Portfolio (24 Properties), April 2014
- 2015 
- Cooperfield Village (Houston, TX), February 2015
- Milleridge Inn (Jericho, NY), April 2015
- Christown Spectrum Mall (Phoenix, AZ), November 2015
- 2016 
- Funding Universe: Kimco Realty Corporation, Funding Universe
- Dorothy Pomerantz, Dorothy (March 10, 2008). "Beyond The Big Box". Forbes.
- Kimco Realty Purchases Pair Of Shopping Centers, Newsday, 8 January 1999
- Kimco Realty buys Marysville Towne Center, Seattle Pi, 20 Septembre 2002
- Amanda Yeager (5 November 2013). "New construction on site of Enchanted Forest". The Baltimore Sun.
- Kimco Realty affiliate buys Cupertino Village for $65M, Silicon Valley Business Journal, 19 March 2006
- "Kimco Realty". Quarterly Supplemental.
- "Kimco Realty" (PDF).