Kimcote and Walton
|Kimcote and Walton|
Farm shop in Walton
Kimcote and Walton shown within Leicestershire
|OS grid reference|
|Civil parish||Kimcote and Walton|
|Sovereign state||United Kingdom|
|EU Parliament||East Midlands|
Kimcote and Walton is a parish situated in Leicestershire, approximately 4 miles north east of Lutterworth. The population of the civil parish at the 2011 census was 600. The parish includes the villages of Kimcote and Walton (historically also known as Walton in Knaptoft). All Saints Parish Church is situated in Kimcote. Walton once had a church but it was defunct in about 1630. Walton still has a Baptist Chapel and a Public House, the Dog and Gun.
The parish was created in 1898 from the merger of the civil parishes on Kimcote and Walton in Knaptoft.
- "Civil Parish 2011". Neighbourhood Statistics. Office for National Statistics. Retrieved 15 June 2016.
- "Kimcote and Walton CP through time | Census tables with data for the Parish-level Unit | Vision of Britain website". visionofbritain.org.uk. Retrieved 4 August 2016.
- "www.leicestershirevillages.com/uploads/frameworkknitting.doc". leicestershirevillages.com. Retrieved 4 August 2016.
- Census 2001 Parish Profile
- Parish Council
- Ordnance Survey mapping of Kimcote and Walton
- Heritage records in Kimcote and Walton
- Photographs of Kimcote from Geograph
- Photographs of Walton from Geograph
- The Grange - Bed and Breakfast accommodation
Media related to Kimcote and Walton at Wikimedia Commons
|This Leicestershire location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|