Cover art of the PlayStation 2 game featuring Yūmi Hoshino, one of its heroines
|Genre||Drama, School Life, Romance|
|Released||May 25, 2006|
|Written by||Masashi Kokura|
|Original run||June 30, 2006 – ongoing|
|KimiKiss: Lyrical contact|
|Written by||Mimei Kuroi|
|Published by||Square Enix|
|Original run||June 2006 – February 2007|
|KimiKiss: After days|
|Published by||Square Enix|
|Original run||December 2007 – April 2008|
|KimiKiss: Various heroines|
|Written by||Tarō Shinonome|
|Original run||August 25, 2006 – March 27, 2009|
|KimiKiss: Sweet lips|
|Written by||Masahiro Itosugi|
|Published by||Akita Shoten|
|Magazine||Champion Red Ichigo|
|Original run||December 2006 – ongoing|
|Written by||Chabō Higurashi|
|Illustrated by||Kisai Takayama
|Original run||July 2006 – ongoing|
|Anime television series|
|KimiKiss: Pure Rouge|
|Directed by||Kenichi Kasai|
|Original run||October 6, 2007 – March 24, 2008|
|Episodes||24 + special|
KimiKiss (キミキス KimiKisu?, lit. "Your Kiss") is a dating simulation game for the PlayStation 2. Released by Enterbrain in 2006, KimiKiss has become a media franchise, including manga, light novel, and has been made into an anime as of 2007-2008.
Kouichi Aihara's (in the anime this character was split into two characters: Sanada Kouichi and Kazuki Aihara) childhood friend Mao Mizusawa has returned after living in France for two years. Kouichi is surprised to learn that, since her parents are remaining overseas for the time being, his mother has agreed to let Mao stay with them. They help each other deal with the ups and downs of high school romance.
- Kōichi Aihara (相原 光一 Aihara Kōichi?)
- Voiced by: Takahiro Mizushima
- The protagonist in the game and the Various Heroines manga. Kōichi is in class 2A and is the older brother of Nana. In the anime his character was split in two characters - Kouichi Sanada (he received the original Kōichi's looks and given name) and Kazuki Aihara (who received Kōichi's soccer skills and surname and Nana is his sister). In the anime, Kōichi's first love interest is Yūmi Hoshino, but he gradually develops feelings for his childhood friend, Mao. At the end of the anime, he and Mao become a couple.
- Mao Mizusawa (水澤 摩央 Mizusawa Mao?)
- Voiced by: Haruna Ikezawa
- Mao is very active, energetic, and cheerful student in class 3-A. In anime, she lives with Kouichi and his mom after moving back to Japan from Paris, but moves out due to her feelings for Kouichi. Mao's first love interest in the anime is a quiet, tough looking boy named Eiji Kai. At first, they dislike each other, but soon develop feelings and begin to date. The relationship does not last long due to Mao realizing her feelings for Kouichi and she breaks up with Eiji.
- Yūmi Hoshino (星乃 結美 Hoshino Yūmi?)
- Voiced by: Ami Koshimizu
- Kouichi's classmate, who works in school library. In anime she is Kouichi's love interest. She has always been shy but the help of Mao and the others, she becomes more outgoing. She also has feelings for Kouichi and they begin to date. However, she realizes that he has feelings for Mao even before he breaks up with her.
- Asuka Sakino (咲野 明日夏 Sakino Asuka?)
- Voiced by: Ryou Hirohashi
- A girl from class 2-С (in anime she is in class 2-A with Kouichi and Kazuki), who loves to play soccer. In anime she starts to have feelings for Kazuki after he helps her. Sakino discovers that Eriko and Kazuki are conducting 'experiments' together which angers her, and she wants them to stop the experiments. She soon realizes that Kazuki is in love with Eriko, despite the fact she always pushes him away. Towards the end of the anime, Sakino confesses her feelings to Kazuki, but is turned down. She gives him a kiss as a goodbye to her feelings for him.
- Eriko Futami (二見 瑛理子 Futami Eriko?)
- Voiced by: Rie Tanaka
- An extremely introverted girl from class 2С, who is always cold to others and has an IQ score of 190. She usually spends time alone in the science lab. In anime she starts performing experiments with Kazuki (such as kissing him), who found her hiding place, in order to find out why people fall in love. Gradually she develops feelings for Kazuki and opens up to others. In the last episode, Eriko professes her love to Kazuki and the two kiss.
- Mitsuki Shijō (祇条 深月 Shijō Mitsuki?)
- Voiced by: Mamiko Noto
- A wealthy girl from class 2-С, who can play the piano. She has had an arranged engagement for most of her life yet has never met the man. In the anime she begins having feelings for Hiiragi.
- Nana Aihara (相原 菜々 Aihara Nana?)
- Voiced by: Sakura Nogawa
- The younger sister of Aihara (Kouichi in the game, Kazuki in the anime). She carries an accessory depicting a green frog whom she has named Iwao.
- Narumi Satonaka (里仲 なるみ Satonaka Narumi?)
- Voiced by: Kaori Mizuhashi
- A good friend and classmate of Nana. She is an expert at cooking udon and has a strong interest of creating new varieties of udon. Like Nana, she also carries an accessory depicting a frog whom she has named Juliet.
- Akira Hiiragi (柊 明良 Hiiragi Akira?)
- Voiced by: Jun Fukuyama
- President of the Movie Research Club. He always forces Kouichi and Kazuki into helping him with his films. He has a mental list of trivia about almost every girl in the school even though he is "dating" someone from another school. He calls it "Male Prudence".
- Megumi Kuryū (栗生 恵 Kuryū Megumi?)
- Voiced by: Mai Nakahara
- A member of the school disciplinary group. She is high strung and the self-appointed head of the school morals enforcement agency. In anime her love interest is Hiiragi.
- Tomoko Kawada (川田 知子 Kawada Tomoko?)
- Voiced by: Ayako Kawasumi
- The school's modern Japanese language teacher and adviser to the swimming club. She is Mao Mizusawa's home room teacher.
- Kōichi Sanada (真田 光一 Sanada Kōichi?)
- Voiced by: Satoshi Hino
- The protagonist in the anime. He, Kazuki, and Mao are childhood friends. Initially, he has feelings for Yuumi Hoshino but begins to realize his feelings for Mao.
- Kazuki Aihara (相原 一輝 Aihara Kazuki?)
- Voiced by: Takahiro Mizushima
- An anime only character and the second protagonist, he is Kouichi's classmate and good friend. Kazuki enjoys playing soccer and his love interest is Eriko. Kazuki meets Eriko in a classroom and experienced his first kiss when she suddenly began an 'experiment' with him. Kazuki eventually realizes that he has fallen for Eriko, and chases after her all throughout the anime. The two finally become a couple near the end of the anime.
- Eiji Kai (甲斐 栄二 Kai Eiji?)
- Voiced by: Takahiro Sakurai
- An anime only character. Mao's classmate, who plays the saxophone and works in a jazz bar. Initially, he does not get along with Mao but gradually opens up to her. He and Mao date for a while but she breaks up with him after she admits her feelings for Kouichi to him. They remain friends.
Several manga adaptations have been made.
- KimiKiss: Lyrical contact (キミキス 〜lyrical contact〜 KimiKisu ~lyrical content~?), in Gangan Powered, and tankōbon form, five volumes have been made so far, from 2006 to 2007. Focuses on Yuumi's route.
- KimiKiss: After days (キミキス after days KimiKisu after days?), in Gangan Powered, published from December 2007 to April 2008. Focuses on Eriko's route.
- KimiKiss: Various heroines (キミキス -various heroines- KimiKisu -various heroines-?), in Young Animal and tankōbon form (five volumes: #1 Mao Mizusawa, #2 Asuka Sakino, #3 Mitsuki Shijyo, #4 Eriko Futami, and #5 Yuumi Hoshino) Adapts all the heroines routes, one for each volume.
- KimiKiss: Sweet lips (キミキス 〜スウィートリップス〜 KimiKisu ~Suwitō Rippusu?), in Champion Red Ichigo, and in tankōban form, volumes 1-8 from December 2006 to June 2008.
The anime, titled KimiKiss: Pure Rouge, began airing in Japan on October 6, 2007. The series is produced by J.C.Staff and directed by Ken'ichi Kasai. The series focused more on the girls and their daily lives with a more romantic genre. North American anime distributor Section23 Films released KimiKiss: Pure Rouge on DVD, October 5, 2010.
Kouichi Sanada wakes from a dream where his younger self was crying. When he goes to answer the door, he finds a beautiful woman standing in front of him. She quickly enters while reacquainting herself with things in the house, and even enters the shower. A confused Kouichi tries to remember if he knew a girl like this in the past, while trying to remember his friend Kazuki Aihara comes in. A misunderstanding is caused when the girl comes out of the bathroom, but she suddenly realizes who Kazuki is. Kazuki also realizes who the girl is: his childhood friend Mao Mizusawa. Finally realizing this, Kouichi welcomes Mao back. When Kouichi’s mother begins talking to Mao about her living in France, Kouichi notices how much Mao has changed. The story then continues with them going to the same school. Many relationships are formed with different people during their school years but always thought to be a mistake as Mao realizes her true feelings toward Kouichi while Sakino and Futami develops feelings for Kazuki.
- Opening Theme
- "Aozora loop" (青空loop lit. Blue Sky loop?) by Marble. Composed by Micco.
- Ending Themes
- "Negaiboshi" (願い星 lit. Wishing Star?) by Snow* (episodes 1 - 12)
"Wasurenaide" (忘れないで lit. I won't forget?) by Suara (episodes 13 - 24). Composed by Shilo.
- (Japanese) Enterbrain's KimiKiss official website
- (Japanese) KimiKiss pure rouge official website
- KimiKiss at National Console Support
- KimiKiss pure rouge (anime) at Anime News Network's encyclopedia
- KimiKiss manga official TOKYOPOP website