|Kimpton shown within Hampshire|
|Population||337 (2011 Census)|
|OS grid reference|
|Sovereign state||United Kingdom|
|EU Parliament||South East England|
Kimpton is a village and civil parish in the Test Valley district of Hampshire, England. The village is situated west of Andover, in the north of the county, and has a boundary with Ludgershall, in Wiltshire. South of Kimpton there is Thruxton motor racing circuit, in the parish of Thruxton.
The A342 passes through the north-east corner of the parish. The Midland and South Western Junction Railway, which runs parallel to the road, was closed to passengers in 1961, however the line remains open as far as Ludgershall to serve an army depot on the edge of the town.
Kimpton Down, a rural area in the north and west of the parish, contains the remains of several historical sites including bowl barrows and Roman buildings. Excavations near Shoddesden found a former Iron Age/Romano-British settlement site.
A racehorse training complex at Kimpton Down Stables was opened in 2003 by Toby Balding. Ralph Beckett bought Kimpton Down Stables and gallops in late 2010, and trained Talent to win the 2013 Oaks at Epsom Downs Racecourse
The Grade I listed Church of St Peter & St Paul is situated in the village. The church is built of flint, stone rubble and brick, and has a tower and a cruciform layout. The oldest parts of the church are the nave and chancel, built in the 13th century; other parts were added later.
The village has a small pub called The Welcome Stranger, a park and a village hall which also acts as a pre-school.
- "Civil Parish population 2011". Neighbourhood Statistics. Office for National Statistics. Retrieved 18 December 2016.
- "2001 Census: Key Statistics: Parish Headcounts: Area: Kimpton CP (Parish)". Neighbourhood Statistics. Office for National Statistics. Retrieved 2009-01-10.
- "Kimpton CP/AP Hampshire through time – Local history overview for the Parish-level Unit". A Vision of Britain through Time. University of Portsmouth & others. 2008. Retrieved 2009-01-11.
- "Hampshire Treasures: Volume 8 (Test Valley North): Page 106 – Kimpton". Hampshire County Council. 2006-03-29. Retrieved 2009-01-10.
- "Horse Racing: Kimpton Down Stables will be a real luxury for everyone". This is Hampshire. Newsquest Media Group. 2003-04-11. Retrieved 2009-01-11.
- "Detailed Record: Church of St. Peter & St. Paul". Images of England. English Heritage. Retrieved 2009-01-10.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Kimpton, Hampshire.|
|This Hampshire location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|