Kinashi Station in 2007
|Location||17-2 Kinashi-chō Satō, Takamatsu-shi, Kagawa-ken 761-8023|
|Operated by||JR Shikoku|
|Line(s)||■ Yosan Line|
|Distance||6.1 km from Takamatsu|
|Platforms||2 side platforms|
|Structure type||At grade|
|Disabled access||No - platforms linked by footbridge|
|Opened||21 February 1897|
The station is served by the JR Shikoku Yosan Line and is located 6.1 km from the beginning of the line at Takamatsu. Yosan line local, Rapid Sunport, and Nanpū Relay services stop at the station. Some trains of the Marine Liner rapid service on the Seto-Ohashi Line between Okayama and Takamatsu also stop at the station. Although Tadotsu is the official start of the Dosan Line, some of its local trains start from and return to Takamatsu. These trains also stop at Kinashi.
The station consists of two opposed side platforms serving two tracks. Access to the opposite platform is by means of a footbridge. Parking is available at the station forecourt. The station's ticket window is unstaffed but a Chinese restaurant in the station building acts as a kan'i itaku agent and sells some types of tickets.
|Takamatsu||Rapid Marine Liner||Hashioka|
The station opened on 21 February 1897 as an intermediate stop when the track of the privately Sanuki Railway (later the Sanyo Railway) was extended from Marugame to Takamatsu. After the railway as nationalized on 1 December 1906, Japanese Government Railways (JGR) took over the station and operated it as part of the Sanuki Line (later the Sanyo and then the Yosan Main Line). With the privatization of Japanese National Railways (JNR, the successor of JGR) on 1 April 1987, control of the station passed to JR Shikoku.
- "Shikoku Railway Route Map" (PDF). JR Shikoku. Retrieved 27 December 2017.
- "鬼無" [Kinashi]. hacchi-no-he.net. Retrieved 27 January 2018.
- Kawashima, Ryōzō (2013). 図説: 日本の鉄道 四国・九州ライン 全線・全駅・全配線・第1巻 四国東部エリア [Japan Railways Illustrated. Shikoku and Kyushu. All lines, all stations, all track layouts. Volume 1 Eastern Shikoku] (in Japanese). Kodansha. pp. 19, 76. ISBN 9784062951609.
- "Kinashi Station Timetable" (PDF). JR Shikoku. Retrieved 27 January 2018.
- "鬼無駅" [Kinashi Station]. shikoku.org.uk. Retrieved 27 January 2018.
- "鬼無駅" [Kinashi Station]. jr-mars.dyndns.org. Retrieved 27 January 2018. See image of ticket sold.
- Ishino, Tetsu; et al., eds. (1998). 停車場変遷大事典 国鉄・JR編 [Station Transition Directory - JNR/JR] (in Japanese). II. Tokyo: JTB Corporation. p. 631. ISBN 4533029809.
- Ishino, Tetsu; et al., eds. (1998). 停車場変遷大事典 国鉄・JR編 [Station Transition Directory - JNR/JR] (in Japanese). I. Tokyo: JTB Corporation. pp. 213–215. ISBN 4533029809.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Kinashi Station.|
|This Kagawa Prefecture railroad station-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|