Kindness Day UK
||A major contributor to this article appears to have a close connection with its subject. (March 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Kindness Day UK is celebrated on World Kindness Day, every 13 November. Kindness Day UK is a celebration of kindness, which aims to increase the value of kindness in society as well as increase the amount of kind acts that take place, making kindness a greater part in our daily life. Kindness Day UK is affiliated with the World Kindness Movement (WKM) which is a coalition of like minded organisations containing 18 member nations. It was set up in 2010 by Louise Burfitt-Dons who founded the Cool To Be Kind anti-bullying campaign in 2001 and UK Kindness Movement in 2005 and David Jamilly who founded The Good Deeds Organisation in 2005 and went on to found Kindness UK in 2011. It is now celebrated by a range of charities, associations, businesses, schools, organisations, institutions and individuals across the UK.
Kindness Day UK and World Kindness Day are on 13 November every year and celebrated and promoted by the UK members of the World Kindness Movement. On this date the Kindness Day UK campaign's mission is to make everyone in the UK carry out an act of kindness and take a small ‘pause for kindness’ to value its importance. As an overall mission, the Kindness Day UK campaign aims to make kindness to people, animals and the environment a bigger part of day-to-day life in the UK.
World Kindness Day
The date decreed for World Kindness Day is 13 November. This was the opening day of the first World Kindness Movement conference held at Tokyo in 1998, and the 35th anniversary of the Small Kindness Movement of Japan
Presence in Popular Culture
Kindness Day has received a great amount of support from celebrities, enterprise, politicians and religious leaders. Supporters include Dame Barbara Stocking DBE, Chief Executive of Oxfam, The Rt HON Sir John Major KG CH, Russell Brand, Holly Willoughby and Sir Stuart Rose, Chairman of Marks and Spencer, The Rt Hon David Blunkett, Gary Lineker, Sir Alex Ferguson, Vanessa Feltz, Camilla Dallerup, Peter Snow, Jo Brand, Billy Murray, Patsy Kensit, Alan Titchmarsh, Brian Blessed, Jilly Cooper, Noel Edmonds, Charles Kennedy MP, Arlene Phillips, Ruby Wax and Monica Cafferky.
- UK Kindness Movement
- World Kindness Day
- Random Acts of Kindness
- Random Acts of Kindness Day
- Cool To Be Kind
- Center for Sex Positive Culture
- Positive psychology
- Culture and positive psychology
- Positive Youth Development
- Positive education
- World Kindness Movement
- The Good Deeds Organisation. "The Good Deeds Organisation". Internet. Retrieved 2014-02-26.
- Monica Cafferky. "World Kindness Day: Monica Cafferky tries being nice to everyone for 24 hours". Daily Mirror. Retrieved 2010-11-12.
- Maggie Richards. "Kindness Day UK: Tens of Thousands take up Kindness Across the UK". My News Desk. Retrieved 2010-11-02.
- Staffordshire Fire and Rescue Service. "National Kindness Day UK Competition". Staffordshire Fire and Rescue Service. Retrieved November 2010. Check date values in:
- V. Johnny. "What are you doing for Kindness Day". V.Inspired. Retrieved 2010-11-04.
- Small Kindness Movement. "Small Kindness Movement". Small Kindness Movement. Retrieved 2010-11-04.
- Tim Morgan. "What Makes Britons Happy? Just a Simple Act of Kindness". The Daily Express. Retrieved 2010-11-12.