|This article needs additional citations for verification. (November 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
European cover art
|Publisher(s)||Microsoft Game Studios|
|Release date(s)||Xbox 360 & Windows Phone
Kinectimals is a video game for the Xbox 360 that use Kinect and also available for these platforms: Windows Phone, iOS and Android. In Kinectimals players can interact with virtual animals in a manner akin to pets, gameplay includes activities such as teaching tricks to the animal, guiding the animal around an obstacle course, and free-form play.
The video game is aimed at a young audience, particularly children, and includes eleven different virtual animals all based on wild cats. Kinectimals was developed by Frontier Developments and was a launch title for Kinect.
An add-on, Kinectimals: Now with Bears!, was released on October 11, 2011.
Throughout the game players spend time using the Kinect System to feed, play with, care, and even raise the cub. Upon starting the game the player will visit Fur Town, where they will choose one of the 6 initial cubs. As they play the game, more cubs can be unlocked. Throughout the game there are 11 cubs.
|This section needs expansion. You can help by adding to it. (April 2011)|
Kinectimals has received mostly positive reviews. Video game talk show Good Game's two presenters gave the game a 7 and 7.5 out of 10 saying how it was quite fun and that your animal would give instant feedback as well most younger gamers would love playing it. Initially they said "It has a lot more life, energy and fun to it than something like EyePet - there's a lot of sparkle, but I was okay with that."
- Scammell, David (August 16, 2011). "Microsoft dates Kinect Sports, Dance Central and Kinectimals sequels". GamerZines. Retrieved August 16, 2011.
- "Kinectimals for Xbox 360". GameRankings. Retrieved December 11, 2010.
- "Kinectimals for Xbox 360 Reviews". Metacritic. Retrieved December 11, 2010.
- Thierry Nguyen (November 5, 2010). "Kinectimals Review for Xbox 360". 1UP.com. Retrieved December 11, 2010.
- Keza MacDonald (November 4, 2010). "Kinectimals Xbox 360 Review". Eurogamer.net. Retrieved December 11, 2010.
- Annette Gonzalez (November 3, 2010). "Kinectimals". Game Informer. Retrieved December 11, 2010.
- Kevin VanOrd (November 3, 2010). "Kinectimals Review for Xbox 360". GamesSpot. Retrieved December 11, 2010.
- Matt Cabral (November 4, 2010). "Kinectimals review". GamesRadar. Retrieved December 11, 2010.
- "Kinectimals Video Game, Review Pod | Video Clip". GameTrailers.com. November 4, 2010. Retrieved December 11, 2010.
- Jack DeVires (November 3, 2010). "Kinectimals Review". IGN. Retrieved December 11, 2010.
- Alaina Yee (November 4, 2010). "Kinectimals". Official Xbox Magazine. Retrieved December 11, 2010.
- Stephen Johnson (November 3, 2010). "Kinectimals Review for Xbox 360". G4tv.com. Retrieved December 11, 2010.
- Bendixsen 6.5/10, O'Donnell 6/10 (November 29, 2010). "Kinect Round Up Review". Season 5. Episode 42http://www.abc.net.au/tv/goodgame/stories/s3079641.htm. ABC Television. Missing or empty