Jump to navigation Jump to search
Kinetic theory may refer to:
- Kinetic theory of gases, an account of gas properties in terms of motion and interaction of submicroscopic particles in gases.
- Phonon, explaining properties of solids in terms of quantal collection and interactions of submicroscopic particles
- Free electron model, a model for the behavior of charge carriers in a metallic solid
- Kirkwood–Buff solution theory, a theory for solutions linking macroscopic (bulk) properties to microscopic (molecular) details
- Kinematics, the part of mechanics that describes the motion of points, particles, bodies, and systems of bodies, without reference to the forces, energies and interactions that govern their motion