Kinetics & One Love
||This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (June 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Kinetics & One Love|
Kinetics & One Love
|Origin||New York City, New York, United States|
|Genres||Hip hop, pop|
|Years active||2009 - present|
|Members||Jeremy "Kinetics" Dussolliet
Tim "One Love" Sommers
Jeremy "Kinetics" Dussolliet and Tim "One Love" Sommers are a hip-hop group and songwriting duo from New York City. They made their commercial debut as songwriters in 2010 by penning the chorus to B.o.B's single "Airplanes." As artists, they have collaborated with R.A. the Rugged Man and Remedy from Wu-Tang Killa Bees, Termanology and the Unknown Prophets, as well as Neon Hitch and Wynter Gordon.
Kinetics & One Love began writing music together after meeting in 2007 and forming a hip-hop group – with Kinetics as the rapper and One Love as the producer. In 2009, they released their first album Fading Back to Normal, featuring the original Kinetics & One Love version of "Airplanes," with One Love production and Kinetics rap verses. After handing out a few hundred copies of the album around New York, a copy made its way into the offices of Atlantic Records in New York City. While still college students at Cornell University, Dussolliet and Sommers were invited to the label to speak with A&Rs from Atlantic and, in early 2010, signed a publishing deal with Warner/Chappell Music, Inc. "Airplanes" was bought by Atlantic and became the second single off rapper B.o.B's debut album, The Adventures of Bobby Ray. Paramore's Hayley Williams was also featured on the track. The song climbed to the number 2 spot on the Billboard Hot 100. A second version of "Airplanes" featuring Eminem was also included on B.o.B's album and was nominated for a Grammy for Best Pop Collaboration.
After the release of "Airplanes," Kinetics & One Love moved to New York City and began writing and producing for various pop and indie artists, managed by Nullah Sarker of Hourglass Entertainment. In the summer of 2012, Kinetics released a hip-hop mixtape entitled With A Little Help From My Friends, with guest appearances by R.A. the Rugged Man, Remedy, Nitty Scott, and others. One Love produced half of the songs on the mixtape and mixed and engineered the entire project. On August 28, 2012, Kinetics & One Love released their second album You Are Not Alone, with guest appearances from Termanology, Wynter Gordon, and Nitty Scott. The album broke the top ten on the iTunes hip-hop chart and climbed to #55 on the all albums iTunes chart. It also landed at No. 57 on Billboard Magazine's R&B/Hip-Hop chart and No. 32 on its Heatseekers chart..
|2010||B.o.B||The Adventures of Bobby Ray||"Airplanes" (Feat. Hayley Williams)|
|"Airplanes pt. II" (Feat. Hayley Williams & Eminem)|
|2013||Hook N Sling & Chris Willis||Single||"Magnet"|
|Dimitri Vegas & Like Mike||Single||"Find Tomorrow (Ocarina)" (Feat. Wolfpack & Katy B)|
|2014||Neon Hitch||301 to Paradise||"Intro"|
|"We Can't Stop"|
|"Subtitles" (Feat. Kinetics)|
|"Some Like It Hot" (Feat. Kinetics)|
|Melanie Martinez||Dollhouse EP||"Dollhouse"|
|"Dead to Me"|
|Pitbull||Globalization||"This Is Not A Drill" (Feat. Bebe Rexha)|
|2015||Christina Grimmie||ADORE EP||"Cliche"|
|Clairity||Single||"Sharks In The Swimming Pool"|
|Katy Tiz||Single||"Whistle (While You Work It)"|
|Melanie Martinez||Cry Baby||"Cry Baby"|
|"Milk and Cookies"|
|"Mrs. Potato Head"|
|Jasmine Thompson||Single||"Do It Now"|
|Sophie Beem||Sophie Beem EP||"Skyline"|
|The Lonely Island||Popstar: Never Stop Never Stopping Soundtrack||"Incredible Thoughts" (Feat. Michael Bolton)|
- The Kinetics EP (2008) (solo Kinetics project)
- Fading Back To Normal (2009)
- With A Little Help From My Friends (2012) (solo Kinetics project)
- You Are Not Alone (2012)
- 2011 Grammy nomination for Best Pop Collaboration
- 2011 ASCAP Pop Music Award
- 2011 ASCAP Rhythm & Soul Music Award
- "Kinetics & One Love". Retrieved 2016-09-12.
- "Hook N Sling & Chris Willis - Magnet". Retrieved 2016-09-12.
- "New Mixtape: Neon Hitch – '301 to Paradise'". Rap-Up. Retrieved 2016-09-12.
- "creem magazine | Neon Hitch x Kinetics & One Love -". 2014-11-19. Retrieved 2016-09-12.
- "Katy Tiz's "Whistle (While You Work It)" Video Is An Animated/Live-Action Blockbuster: Idolator Premiere | Idolator". 2015-04-16. Retrieved 2016-07-27.
- "Melanie Martinez Gets Delivered by a Doctor in a Rabbit Mask in 'Cry Baby' Video: Watch". Retrieved 2016-07-27.
- "Voice's First Breakout? Melanie Martinez Releases Haunting New Single". Retrieved 2016-07-27.
- "Melanie Martinez Slips Into Surrealist Mayhem In Arresting 'Sippy Cup' Video | SPIN". 2015-07-30. Retrieved 2016-09-12.
- Shaina411 (2014-10-18). "Her Source I Melanie Martinez Talks 'Carousel,' 'American Horror Story,' & More!". The Source. Retrieved 2016-07-27.
- "Sing Along to Melanie Martinez's Dark 'Alphabet Boy' Video". Retrieved 2016-09-12.
- "Trop-Pop Newcomer King Deco Releases Sunny Anthem 'Castaway' (Exclusive Premiere)". Retrieved 2016-07-27.