King's Raid (킹스레이드) is a free-to-play side-scrolling RPG mobile game, which is developed by South Korean indie game developer Vespa and initially published by Thailand-based company GloHow, before Vespa took over the rights in June 2017. It was first released on September 19, 2016 for operating systems Android and iOS in Thailand. The global version consists of 3 servers was later released on February 16, 2017, and supports South Korean and English language.
The game is described as "character collection SRPG" that allows players to create their party with characters of their own choice without the gacha system, real time PVP arena, and various type of raid battles. It features real-time battles with 3D graphics. As of September 22, 2017, the game also supports other languages such as French, German, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Thai, and Vietnamese. The game also supports voice dubs in English and Korean. The Japanese server, voice, and language was added to the game on March 23, 2018.
The game set in the continent called Orbis, a land of swords and magic. Players follows a story of knight-in-training named Kasel, who seeks to uncover the mystery behind his brother's disappearance. Along the way, he meets his priest childhood friend Frey, magician Cleo and her bodyguard Roi, and also encounters many other playable heroes.
There are several playable characters called "heroes" that players can acquire through in-app purchase, hero tickets, gifting NPC heroes, or building a friendship at the inn. These heroes are divided into 7 classes (knights, warriors, assassins, archers, mechanics, wizards, and priests), 2 types of attacks (physical and magical), and initial grades that can be increased through awakening. Players can assemble a party made of 4 heroes who are able to cover the front line, middle line, and/or the back line. In some modes like world boss raid, player can make an 8-character party (though, 4 of these are automatically controlled).
On September 18, 2019, the South Korean girl band Dreamcatcher released the EP Raid of Dream, which was based on the game's story and themes. It includes the song "Deja Vu", which serves as the release's main song. In March and April 2019, the Japanese server of King's Raid released two sets of character songs featuring Kara-Annette pair and Mitra-Crow pair.
On April 9, 2020, an anime television series adaptation was announced, and aired from October 3, 2020 to March 27, 2021 on TV Tokyo. The series is animated by OLM and Sunrise Beyond, with Makato Hoshino serving as director, Megumi Shimizu serving as series composer, and Tatsuya Arai designing the characters. Masahiro Tokuda is composing the series' music.
The game's cumulative number of download has exceeded 13 millions across 150 countries as of May 2020.
- "Announcement regarding GloHow". King's Raid on Facebook. Retrieved 2 March 2018.
- "Vespa Inc". VESPA (in Korean). Retrieved 2 March 2018.
2016.09 King’s Raid 태국 출시
- "King's Raid is Up in Stores!". GamerBraves. Retrieved 2 March 2018.
- "King's Raid app description". Google Play Store. Retrieved 11 March 2018.
- "King's Raid – Upcoming mobile fantasy RPG begins pre-register phase". MMO Culture. Retrieved 2 March 2018.
- "Japanese server release date". King's Raid Official Japanese Twitter (in Japanese). Retrieved 24 March 2018.
- "King's Raid News – Pre-Registration Now Available". MMOHuts. Retrieved 2 March 2018.
- "게임을 아이돌 노래로 만들다, '킹스레이드X드림캐쳐' 앨범 쇼케이스". 루리웹 (in Korean). Retrieved 2019-09-22.
- "スペシャル - Possibility｜【公式】キングスレイド". 【公式】キングスレイド (in Japanese). Retrieved 2020-09-03.
- "スペシャル - The Hounds｜【公式】キングスレイド". 【公式】キングスレイド (in Japanese). Retrieved 2020-09-03.
- Pineda, Rafael Antonio (September 4, 2020). "King's Raid Anime's Video Previews Opening Song, Reveals October 2 Premiere". Anime News Network. Retrieved September 4, 2020.
- "King's Raid Anime Reveals More Cast, Staff". Anime News Network. July 26, 2020. Retrieved July 26, 2020.
- Inc, Aetas. "【PR】「キングスレイド」は，マネタイズを絶妙なバランスで成立させている骨太な良作RPG". www.4gamer.net (in Japanese). Retrieved 2020-08-12.