King's Road (Hong Kong)
|This article needs additional or better citations for verification. (September 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Fortress Hill section of King's Road
From West to East.
In Tin Hau:
- No. 1: Park Towers
In North Point:
- No. 277-291: Former State Theatre
- No. 238-240: Fortress Towers and C&MA North Point Church
- No. 423: Sunbeam Theatre
- Note that The boundary between North Point and Quarry Bay is at Man Hong Street / Healthy Street West
In Quarry Bay:
- No. 611: WSD Hong Kong Regional Building
- No. 668-702: Healthy Village
- No. 740-774: Model Housing Estate
- No. 888: North Point Government Primary School
- No.979-981: Tai Koo Place
- No. 986: The Former Quarry Bay School is a Grade III historic building. Currently vacant, it was built in 1924-1926.
- No. 1032-1044: Fook Cheong Building (福昌樓)
- No. 1048-1056: Yick Fat Building (益發大廈). Housing the Hong Kong Aquarium Plaza.
- No. 1111: Cityplaza (太古城中心)
The road is shared between automobile traffic and the Hong Kong Tramways system, and the east bound of the section between eastern Causeway Bay and Quarry Bay bus lane. Before the opening of Island Eastern Corridor, the road was plagued with traffic congestion. Various measures like creation of bus lanes were taken to alleviate the problem.
Part of the MTR Island Line runs underneath the road, and the following stations serve the Road: Tin Hau (exit A1), Fortress Hill (exits A and B), North Point (exits B1/B2/B3), Quarry Bay (exit A), Tai Koo.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to King's Road.|