This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
King's Museum is a small university museum operated by the University of Aberdeen. The museum opened in April 2011, and since then has hosted a number of temporary exhibitions featuring items from the university collections. King's Museum is located at the Old Town House on the High Street, Old Aberdeen, and has proved popular with students, local people, and tourists. The University of Aberdeen's collections are among the largest and most important in Scotland, having been granted the status of a ‘Recognised Collection of National Significance’ by Museums Galleries Scotland. The collections are used for teaching and research, both within the University of Aberdeen community, and by visiting academic researchers.
The museum runs a schools service for primary school classes in Aberdeen City and Aberdeenshire. Workshops are offered on a variety of topics, and all workshops link in with the Scottish Curriculum for Excellence.
The museum runs an evening lecture series on Tuesdays throughout the university term time, and also participates in national and international events, such as the annual "Night at the Museums" event, part of the ICOM European Night of Museums and Museums Galleries Scotland's Festival of Museums.
- "Recognised Collections in Aberdeen & Grampian". Museumsgalleriesscotland.org.uk. 2011-03-08. Archived from the original on 14 December 2012. Retrieved 2013-02-18.
- "Learning, schools and research | Library, Special Collections and Museums | The University of Aberdeen". Abdn.ac.uk. Archived from the original on 3 February 2013. Retrieved 2013-02-18.
- "Events and Lectures | Library, Special Collections and Museums | The University of Aberdeen". Abdn.ac.uk. Archived from the original on 3 February 2013. Retrieved 2013-02-18.
- "European Night of Museums". Network.icom.museum. Retrieved 2013-02-18.
- "Festival of Museums". Festival of Museums. 2012-05-20. Retrieved 2013-02-18.
- King's Museum - official site