King City Rustler
|Owner(s)||News Media Corporation|
|Headquarters||522B Broadway, King City, CA 93930, (Monterey County)|
The King City Rustler is a publication that serves King City in southern Monterey County, California. The newspaper covers local news, sports, events, business, community, and agriculture.  The King City Rustler is part of South County Newspapers, whose products also include the Greenfield News, Soledad Bee, and Gonzales Tribune. It is currently owned by News Media Corporation, which specializes in community newspapers, along with the other South County Newspaper products. It is published every Wednesday with an estimated circulation of 2,850. In 2017, Ryan Cronk was named editor and he is the current managing editor. 
The King City Rustler was first published May 11, 1901. It was originally published by Frederick Godfrey Vivian under Vivian & Co. was owned by the Vivian-Casey family, passing from founder Fred Vivian to his daughter Beatrice Vivian Casey and grandson Harry Casey until 1995, when it was sold to News Media Corporation. 
Founder Fred Vivian was a scribe whose dream was to bring the Salinas Valley under irrigation. He first decided to publish a sheet on the irrigation prospects of King City and the surrounding area. He was known as "Visionary Vivian" and often offended the local land barons whose land grants he dreamed of cutting up and turning into small farms.  Due to his efforts and the publication of a special "Irrigation Edition" of the paper, Vivian was appointed to membership on the state advisory board in 1911 and attended the Irrigation Congress in Chicago.  Today, the publication maintains a "Focus on Agriculture" section. 
In 1929, the King City Rustler became a bi-weekly publication.
- "King City Rustler newspaper - MondoTimes.com". www.mondotimes.com. Retrieved 2018-10-26.
- @mattkoyak. "News Media Corporation | The Leader in Community Newspapers". www.newsmediacorporation.com. Retrieved 2018-10-23.
- "King City Rustler newspaper - MondoTimes.com". www.mondotimes.com. Retrieved 2018-10-23.
- "Editor Ryan Cronk transfers up Highway 101 – CNPA". cnpa.com. Retrieved 2018-10-23.
- "The King City rustler". Retrieved 2018-10-23.
- "Other-Articles-Apr-04-1974-879915 | NewspaperArchive®". newspaperarchive.com. Retrieved 2018-10-23.
- "1 Apr 1995, Page 16 - Santa Cruz Sentinel at Newspapers.com". Newspapers.com. Retrieved 2018-10-23.
- "2 Sep 1928, Page 32 - Oakland Tribune at Newspapers.com". Newspapers.com. Retrieved 2018-10-23.
- "California Press Foundation - Hall-of-Fame_Frederick-Godfrey-Vivian". cal-press.wildapricot.org. Retrieved 2018-10-23.
- "Frederick Godfrey Vivian | Northern California Media Museum". www.norcalmediamuseum.org. Retrieved 2018-10-26.
- "King City Rustler | Focus on Agriculture". kingcityrustler.com. Retrieved 2018-10-26.
- "9 Oct 1929, Page 19 - Oakland Tribune at Newspapers.com". Newspapers.com. Retrieved 2018-10-23.
- "CA Newspaper Hall of Fame- Harry Casey".
- "CA Newspaper Hall of Fame- Frederick Vivian".