King Cobb Steelie
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (February 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|King Cobb Steelie|
|Origin||Guelph, Ontario, Canada|
|Labels||Raw Energy Records, EMI Canada, Outside Music|
King Cobb Steelie is a Canadian Indie rock band formed in 1991 from Guelph, Ontario, Canada. The band's most successful single was 1997's "Rational", from the album Junior Relaxer. Their music fuses elements of punk, funk, jazz and dance.
The core of the band consists of singer/songwriter Kevan Byrne and bassist Kevin Lynn. A variety of other collaborators, including Sam Cino, Al Okada, Gary Dutch, Geoff Walton, Steve Clarkson, Mike Armstrong, Nathan Lawr, Don Pyle and Michelle McAdorey, have contributed to individual albums.
The band played a 20th anniversary benefit show at Lee's Palace in Toronto, Ontario on Saturday, April 16, 2011 with proceeds going towards Ontario Hands & Voices, an organisation dedicated to supporting families with children who are deaf or hard of hearing. In the fall of 2012, the band announced that Project Twinkle would be re-released by Pheromone Recordings and performed live in its entirety at the Horseshoe Tavern on Thursday November 29, 2012. A second full performance is also scheduled for Friday December 14, 2012, at Van Gogh's Ear in Guelph, Ontario, as part of the Stay Out Of The Mall XI festival.
On December 12, 2013 King Cobb Steelie released, Goodbye Arcadia, a 4 track EP. First new material in 9 years.
- One's A Heifer b/w Duotang (1991)
- King Cobb Steelie (1993)
- Project Twinkle (1994)
- Junior Relaxer (1997)
- Mayday (2000)
- Destroy All Codes (2004)
- Goodbye Arcadia EP (2013)
- Music of Canada
- Canadian rock
- List of Canadian musicians
- List of bands from Canada
- Category:Canadian musical groups
- "King Cobb Steelie Genre-smashing Guelph band comes together for a great cause, and it feels so good". NOW. Retrieved 26 September 2012.
- "King Cobb Steelie’s Classic Project Twinkle Album Is Re-mastered, Re-packaged and Re-issued". Pheromone Recordings. Retrieved 26 September 2012.
- "King Cobb Steelie to Perform 'Project Twinkle' in Full on Canadian Dates". Retrieved 5 December 2012.
|This article about a Canadian band or other musical ensemble is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|