|Origin||Naples, Florida, United States|
|Associated acts||WVRM, Dealey Plaza, We shot the Sheriff|
King Conquer is an American deathcore band from Naples, Florida, United States. Since the band's inception, they released two EPs independently before being signed to Mediaskare Records where the group released their debut album entitled America's Most Haunted on November 23, 2010. The band's second album, titled 1776, was released on July 16, 2013.
Beginnings and first EPs (2001–2009)
Formed in 2001 by the Whited brothers; Adam and Chris, before being named King Conquer, they were once known as Dark Skies Have Fallen, a metalcore band that released one EP named Conquer in 2005. The band later changed their name to A Horror Story, and a few years later, to King Conquer, along with their genre to a much more death metal inspired sound. King Conquer started playing local shows near their hometown of Naples, Florida, establishing a strong fan-base.
Vocalist Lafe Flynn recorded one EP with King Conquer, Welcome to Hell, before leaving the band. They then were out on search for a new frontman and held auditions throughout the Collier County area until discovering James Mislow. Mislow joining the band, the group then set out to record another EP wherein it was titled Decomposing Normality. The band at that period employed three guitarists.
America's Most Haunted (2010–2011)
King Conquer's debut full-length album, America's Most Haunted was released on November 23, 2010 after their signing to Mediaskare Records. The group then shortly thereafter began to make a name for themselves. In 2010, they began touring on the No Mercy Tour, with deathcore band Suffokate headlining, promoting their new album. The band toured again with Suffokate during November 2011 along with Blind Witness in the UK.
1776 (second album) (2011–2015)
King Conquer confirmed plans for their second full-length album during May 2011, which will be titled 1776, originally looking for a release date within 2012 through Mediaskare. However, the album required an extensive mastering procedure and was confirmed in November 2012 that it will instead be released in 2013. The band leaked a song off it titled "Tyranny" in its pre-production state during October 2011.
The band headlined The Shredded to Pieces Tour. with bands including Abiotic (of Metal Blade Records), Forty Winters (of Dead Truth Recordings) and In Reference to a Sinking Ship (now known as Dark Sermon). This was a small week-long tour of Florida starting in Orlando on Sunday, April 15, 2012 and ending Sunday April 22 in Lake Worth at The Speakeasy Lounge.
The band was included on the 2012 Devastation of the Nation Tour with Bermuda, The Last Ten Seconds of Life, In Dying Arms and other special guests. Bassist, Adam Whited, however was unable to be present on this tour due to King Conquer's touring van's air conditioning being currently broken and as a result, the summer heat was too extreme for him to withstand due to his struggles with multiple sclerosis. Whited's position in the band was substituted by 19-year-old Jesse Kirkbride (guitarist of Dealey Plaza) during this tour.
Guitarist John Byrd departed from the band in April 2013 due to a conflict with the members which resulted in him being stranded in Texas. Byrd returned to the band, however, in August of the same year. In September, drummer Chris Whited and vocalist James Mislow both left for unknown reasons, they were replaced by Bryan Long of Dealey Plaza. King Conquer even acquired a third guitarist in the midst of these member replacements, Jesse Kirkbride, also of Dealey Plaza who previously substituted for the band on bass.
The band reissued their EP Decomposing Normality in 2015 with new cover art after a fan held a crowdfunding campaign in order to have the EP reissued. The crowdfund raised over US$4,200. Following this, the EP was re-issued later that same year with new artwork and re-arranged track listing with two of the songs renamed ("Interlude" had its title changed to "Cataclysm" and "The Beginning" had its title changed to "The Immersive Design of Suffering").
Previous guitarist John Byrd was found dead on April 9, 2016. It was confirmed that he died due to complications concerning his ongoing substance abuse. On September 27, 2016 the band released a statement revealing that previous guitarist Brodie Wheeler had died from substance abuse issues.
- James Mislow — lead vocals (2009–2013, 2014–present)
- Derick Caperton — guitar (2011–present)
- Jesse Kirkbride — guitar (2013–2014, 2015–present)
- Adam Whited — bass (2001–present)
- Chris Whited — drums, vocals (2001–2013, 2014–present)
- Brodie Wheeler (deceased) — guitar
- Pieter Montoulieu — guitar
- Lafe Flynn — lead vocals
- Jared Smith — lead vocals
- Tony Reid — guitar (2009–2010)
- Ryley Dipaola — drums (2013–2014)
- Bryan Long — lead vocals (2013–2014)
- David Norton - guitar
- John Byrd — lead guitar (deceased) (2007–2013, 2013–2014)
- America's Most Haunted (2010, Mediaskare)
- 1776 (2013, Mediaskare)
- Welcome to Hell (2008, self-released)
- Decomposing Normality (2009, self-released)
- Moore, Bruce. "Interview with King Conquer guitarist Tony Reid". PureGrainAudio.com. Retrieved 11 January 2012.
- "Burning The Masses And King Conquer Albums Delayed | Theprp.com – Metal And Hardcore News Plus Reviews And More". Theprp.com. 2016-03-30. Retrieved 2016-04-07.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on March 10, 2010. Retrieved September 30, 2010.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on July 10, 2010. Retrieved September 30, 2010.
- "Suffokate, Blind Witness & King Conquer Set For Late 2011 European/UK Tour". The PRP. Retrieved 30 March 2012.
- "King Conquer to Write New Album". SMN News. Retrieved 30 March 2012.
- "King Conquer - 2013. 1776. KC.". Facebook. 2012-11-15. Retrieved 2016-04-07.
- "King Conquer Post 'Tyranny' Demo". SMN News. Retrieved 30 March 2012.
- "The Shredded To Pieces Tour! King Conquer, Abiotic, Ash Ketchum + More!". Get Low Booking. Retrieved 1 May 2012.
- "Why is IRTASS changing their name?". Johnny / IRTASS. Retrieved 1 May 2012.
- "King Conquer ex-member says the band left him on the side of a Texas road". Lambgoat.com. Retrieved 2016-04-07.
- "King Conquer Decomposing Normality Reissue 2015". Indiegogo.com. Retrieved 2016-04-07.
- "King Conquer Decomposing Normality Reissue 2015 on The Crowdfunding Center". Thecrowdfundingcentre.com. Retrieved 2016-04-07.
- Storm, Brian (2016-03-19). "Former KING CONQUER Guitarist John Byrd Found Dead". Rock Feed. Retrieved 2016-04-07.
- "Former King Conquer Guitarist John Byrd Dead". Loudwire.com. Retrieved 2016-04-07.
- "ex-King Conquer guitarist Brodie Wheeler dies". lambgoat.com. Retrieved 2016-09-27.