King Fahd's Fountain
The fountain illuminated at night
|Location||Jeddah, Saudi Arabia|
Located on the west coast of Saudi Arabia, the fountain jets water to a maximum height, according to different sources, of either 853 feet (260 m)or 1,024 feet (312 m) above the Red Sea. (Even at the lower figure, King Fahd's Fountain would easily be the world's tallest; the second-tallest is the Gateway Geyser in East St. Louis, Illinois, US, with a water height of about 630 feet (192 m).)
The fountain is visible throughout the vicinity of Jeddah. The water it ejects can reach a speed of 375 kilometres (233 mi) per hour and its airborne mass can exceed 18 short tons (16,000 kg). The fountain uses saltwater taken from the Red Sea instead of freshwater. Over 500 spotlights illuminate the fountain at night.
- "King Fahd's Fountain in Saudi Arabia". Prosperity Fountain. Retrieved 11 October 2013.
- "World Tallest Fountain in Jeddah". Hotel Travel. Retrieved 2 October 2014.
- Mughai (20 June 2012). "Jeddah Fountain – King Fahd’s fountain Jeddah – Saudi Arabia". Jeddah Point. Retrieved 21 February 2014.[better source needed]
- "6/12 - King Fahd's Fountain, Jiddah". Arabic Media. Retrieved 21 February 2014.[better source needed]
- "Jiddah: King Fahd's Fountain". SAMIRAD. Retrieved 21 February 2014.