King George V DLR station
|King George V|
Station main entrance at the eastern end
Location of King George V in Greater London
|Local authority||London Borough of Newham|
|Managed by||Docklands Light Railway|
|Number of platforms||2|
|DLR annual boardings and alightings|
|2 December 2005||Opened|
|Lists of stations|
|London Transport portalCoordinates:|
King George V is a station on the Docklands Light Railway (DLR) in North Woolwich, east London, which opened on 2 December 2005 and named after King George V Dock nearby in the London Borough of Newham and is located in Travelcard Zone 3. Station and on-train announcements refer to the station as 'King George the Fifth'.
The station opened on 2 December 2005. Until January 2009, it served as a temporary terminus for the King George V branch of DLR but the line has since been extended under the River Thames to Woolwich Arsenal.
The station is at the northern end of Pier Road in North Woolwich, and is within walking distance of the Woolwich Ferry.
Trains run every 10 minutes to Bank in the City of London, and with the same frequency to Woolwich Arsenal. Journey time is 9 minutes to Canning Town to interchange with the Beckton branch of the DLR, 14 minutes to Poplar to interchange with the Stratford and Lewisham branches of the DLR and 24 minutes to Bank in the City of London. In peak hours, this increases to every eight minutes, with an additional service to Stratford International station, providing a service every four minutes to Canning Town.
- Tube Map
- "Boarders and Alighters by station 2007 8 2008 9 (DLR)" (XLS). Docklands Light Railway annual passenger performance 2007-2008 and 2008-2009. Transport for London. 20 May 2010. Retrieved 27 September 2012.
- "DLR Station Data for 1st April 2010 - 31st April 2011" (PDF). Docklands Light Railway annual passenger performance 2010-2011. Transport for London. 28 March 2012. Retrieved 27 September 2012.
- "Government Approves DLR Woolwich Extension". Transport for London. 26 February 2004. Retrieved 2007-09-27.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to King George V DLR station.|
- Street map of King George V DLR station from multimap.com
- Docklands Light Railway website - King George V station page
|Preceding station||DLR||Following station|
|Docklands Light Railway||