King George V DLR station
|King George V|
Station main entrance at the eastern end
Location of King George V in Greater London
|Local authority||London Borough of Newham|
|Managed by||Docklands Light Railway|
|Number of platforms||2|
|DLR annual boardings and alightings|
|2 December 2005||Opened|
|Lists of stations|
|London Transport portal|
King George V is a station on the Docklands Light Railway (DLR) in North Woolwich, east London, which opened on 2 December 2005 and named after King George V Dock nearby in the London Borough of Newham and is located in Travelcard Zone 3. Station and on-train announcements refer to the station as 'King George the Fifth'.
The station opened on 2 December 2005. Until January 2009, it served as a temporary terminus for the King George V branch of DLR but the line has since been extended under the River Thames to Woolwich Arsenal.
The station is at the northern end of Pier Road in North Woolwich, and is within walking distance of the Woolwich Ferry.
Trains run every 10 minutes to Bank in the City of London and every 10 minutes to Stratford International station; and every five minutes to Woolwich Arsenal. Journey time is 9 minutes to Canning Town to interchange with the Beckton branch of the DLR, 14 minutes to Poplar to interchange with the Stratford and Lewisham branches of the DLR and 24 minutes to Bank in the City of London. In peak hours, the frequency to Bank and Stratford International increases to every eight minutes, providing a service every four minutes to Canning Town.
- Tube Map
- Transport for London (12 February 2013). "Freedom of Information DLR usage 1213". Transport for London. Retrieved 10 November 2013.
- "Up-to-date DLR entry/exit statistics for each station" (XLSX). What Do They Know. Transport for London. 18 March 2016. Retrieved 2 April 2016.
- "Passenger Numbers - Docklands Light Railway Limited" (XLSX (after downloading zip)). What Do They Know. Transport for London. 8 June 2017. Retrieved 11 September 2017.
- "Government Approves DLR Woolwich Extension". Transport for London. 26 February 2004. Archived from the original on 21 October 2007. Retrieved 2007-09-27.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to King George V DLR station.|
- Street map of King George V DLR station from multimap.com
- Docklands Light Railway website - King George V station page
|Preceding station||DLR||Following station|
|Docklands Light Railway||