From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from King Michael)
|Look up Michael in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Michael is a common given name.
Michael may also refer to:
- Michael (archangel), archangel in the Jewish, Christian and Islamic religions.
- Michael (surname)
- Michael Donnellan (1915–1985), Irish-born London fashion designer, often referred to simply as "Michael" or "Michael of Carlos Place"
- Michael I Rangabe (unknown-844), married the daughter of Emperor Nikephoros I
- Michael II (770–829), also called "the Stammerer"
- Michael III (840–867), also called "the Drunkard", youngest child of Emperor Theophilos
- Michael IV the Paphlagonian (1010–1041), came from a peasant family
- Michael V Kalaphates (1015–1042), nephew of Michael IV
- Michael VI Stratiotikos (unknown–1059), chosen by the empress Theodora as her successor
- Michael VII Doukas (c1050–1078), eldest son of Constantine X Doukas
- Michael VIII Palaiologos (1223–1282), founder of the Palaeologan dynasty
- Michael IX Palaiologos (1277–1320), eldest son of Andronikos II Palaiologos
- Miguel da Paz, Prince of Asturias (1498–1500), son of King Manuel I of Portugal
- Miguel de Bragança (1699–1724), illegitimate son of King Pedro II of Portugal, drowned
- Miguel of Portugal (1802–1866), forced to abdicate in 1834
- Miguel, Duke of Braganza (1853–1927), claimant to the throne in exile
- Prince Miguel, Duke of Viseu (1878–1923), eldest son of Miguel, Duke of Braganza
- Mikhail of Vladimir (unknown–1176), eldest son of Yuri Dolgoruky by his second marriage
- Mikhail Yaroslavich (1271–1318), second son of Yaroslav III
- Michael I of Russia (1596–1645), first Russian Tsar of the house of Romanov
- Grand Duke Michael Alexandrovich of Russia (1878-1918), the younger brother of Tsar Nicholas II
Tsars of Bulgaria
- Boris I of Bulgaria (unknown-907), sometimes known as Boris-Mihail
- Michael Asen I of Bulgaria (1238/1241–1256), son of Ivan Asen II of Bulgaria
- Michael Asen II of Bulgaria (1270-after 1302), only known son of Constantine Tikh of Bulgaria
- Michael Shishman of Bulgaria (after 1280–1330), also known as Michael Asen III
- Michał Korybut Wiśniowiecki (1640–1673), King of the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth
- Mikhail, Prince of Abkhazia (died 1866)
- Michael of Romania (born 1921)
- Michael the Brave (1558–1601), Prince of Wallachia, Moldavia and Transylvania for a year.
Film, television, music, literature
- Michael (1924 film), directed by Carl Theodor Dreyer
- Michael (1996 film), starring John Travolta as the archangel Michael
- Michael (2011 Austrian film), a 2011 Austrian film
- Michael (2011 Indian film), a 2011 Indian film
- Michael (2015 film), an upcoming film
- Michael (novel), an semi-autobiograpical novel by Nazi propagandist Joseph Goebbels
- Michael (album), a 2010 album by Michael Jackson
- "Michael" (Franz Ferdinand song), released in the UK in 2004
- "Michael (the Lover)", or "Michael", a 1960s soul song
- "Michael Row the Boat Ashore", a traditional African-American spiritual and 1961 U.S. number-one song by The Highwaymen
- "Michael" (poem), by William Wordsworth, published in 1800
- "Michael" (Stargate Atlantis), an episode of Stargate Atlantis and the recurring character first seen in this episode
- "Michael" (Glee), an episode of Glee that was a tribute to Michael Jackson
- "Michael", a song by Rob Zombie from Hellbilly Deluxe 2
- Michael Clayton, a 2007 film directed by Tony Gilroy
- Michael Corleone, the main protagonist of The Godfather movies.
- Michael Myers, fictional character from the Halloween film series.
- Michael, Isle of Man, an administrative sheading (district)
- Michael (ship), a 16th-century carrack of the Kingdom of Scotland
- SS Michael, a Greek cargo ship in service from 1959
- SS Michael E, a CAM Ship sunk on her maiden voyage in 1941
- Michael (gorilla), the first male gorilla to use American Sign Language
- MICHAEL, a message integrity check used in the Temporal Key Integrity Protocol
- Operation Michael, a German attack in the Spring Offensive of World War I
- Michael (Pokémon), hero of Pokémon XD: Gale of Darkness
- Michael, one of the protagonists in the computer and videogame Grand Theft Auto V
- Michaels (disambiguation), variant of Michael, often a surname
- Mickey (disambiguation), common name derived from Michael
- Mike (disambiguation), common name derived from Michael, with other meanings
- Michel (disambiguation), French language variant of Michael
- Michele (given name), Italian language variant (male given name)
- Miguel (disambiguation), Spanish and Portuguese language variant of Michael
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Michael.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.