King Records (Japan)
||This article includes a list of references, but its sources remain unclear because it has insufficient inline citations. (February 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|King Record Co., Ltd.
Kodansha, Ltd. 1931 – present
Sanyo Electric Co., Ltd. 1985 – present
Tokyo Broadcasting System Holdings, Inc. 2005 – present
|Genre||Pop, Rock, Kayōkyoku, Enka, Anime music, Soundtracks|
|Country of origin||Japan|
King Record Co., Ltd. (キングレコード株式会社 Kingu Rekōdo Kabushiki gaisha?) is a Japanese record company, founded in 1931 as a division of Japanese publisher Kodansha. It became and began operating as an independent entity in the 1950s, but remains part of the publisher's Otowa Group. Now one of Japan's largest record companies not to be owned by a multinational entity, it is headquartered in Tokyo.
Its Starchild label, managed by animation producer Toshimichi Ōtsuki, specialises in anime music and film. King Records also distributes the Up-Front Works–owned and –operated labels Piccolo Town and Rice Music, and also released video games for the PC-88, Famicom, and MSX2 computers. On February 1, 2016, King Records restructured Starchild and renamed it King Amusement Creative.
You! Be Cool is the official sub-label for AKB48.
Venus-B is the company's official urban music imprint.
- Stomu Yamashta
- Matenrou Opera
- Kana Uemura
- Takeshi Terauchi
- Miho Nakayama
- Hiroko Moriguchi
- AKB48 (You, Be Cool!)
- Nana Mizuki
- Mamoru Miyano
- Yui Horie (King Amusement Creative)
- Momoiro Clover Z (Evil Line, formerly King Amusement Creative)
- Meg (King Amusement Creative)
- Theatre Brook
- Ryoko Shiraishi (King Amusement Creative)
- Megumi Hayashibara (King Amusement Creative)
- angela (King Amusement Creative)
- Ai Nonaka (King Amusement Creative)
- Eri Kitamura (King Amusement Creative)
- Soichiro Hoshi (King Amusement Creative)
- Haruka Fukuhara
- Sound Horizon
- Sawa (Bellwood)
- Park Junyoung
- Jan Linton (as dr jan guru) "Planet Japan"
- Block B
- Mikako Komatsu (King Amusement Creative)
- Sumire Uesaka (King Amusement Creative)
- Inori Minase (King Amusement Creative)
- Shouta Aoi (King Amusement Creative)
- Rock A Japonica (Evil Line)
- Senri Kawaguchi
- "Starchild Label Restructured as King Amusement Creative". Anime News Network. January 30, 2016. Retrieved March 7, 2016.