King Saud Medical Complex
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|King Saud Medical City |
مدينة الملك سعود الطبية
|Ministry of Health|
|Location||Riyadh, Saudi Arabia|
|Affiliated university||- King Saud University|
- Imam Muhammad bin Saud Islamic University
- Princess Nora bint Abdul Rahman University
- Dar Al Uloom University
|Standards||Accreditation from International Joint Commission (JCI) obtained on 22 Jan 2013|
|Founded||13 Oct 1956|
King Saud Medical City is a hospital in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. It is a tertiary care center for medicine and surgery especially spinal and neurosurgery. It is international recognized center for training in medicine and surgery. It has 1500 beds of which 180 beds are in the intensive-care unit beds. By virtue of the bed capacity and patient load, KSMC is by far the largest hospital of Saudi Arabia.
KSMC's ER department is one of the busiest in the country. Since a few years KSMC has upgraded its status to a medical city (King Saud Medical City) Since 1 January 2016, a trauma unit started which caters to all trauma cases which have been brought directly to KSMC or those being referred to KSMC for further management coming from all corners of the Kingdom, on many occasions by air ambulance. Upon activation, the unit is available at the bed side of the patient in the ER Resuscitation area within 15 minutes and the reception and resuscitation is begun along with the ER doctors. The unit is slowly shaping itself into a Level 1 Trauma Center with its own tower (building), dedicated ER, Resuscitation area, ICU and wards. At this point, the unit is evolving having served 92 patients since inception (42 days, 1st Jan 2016 to 12th Feb 2016). The trauma ICU is up to its full capacity and patients have started overflowing to the Tower ICU.
- Deena M. Barakah, and Sami S. Alwakeel, “Impact of CPOE on Physicians and Dentists' Work Performance at King Saud Medical Complex Hospital: A Case Study” Proceedings of the World Congress on Engineering and Computer Science 2009 Vol. I, WCECS 2009, October 20–22, 2009, San Francisco, USA pp296–298
- Deena M. Barakah, and Ali Al Kinani, “RFID Applications in Saudi Hospitals: A Case Study” Proceedings of 12th IBIMA conference on Creating Global Economies through Innovation and Knowledge Management, June 29–30, 2009, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia pp1670–1672.
- Saddik, B.;Barakah, D.M. ;Aldosari, B., “A Study of PDA and Smartphone Adoption Rates at King Saud Medical City Hospitals” , Proceedings of the 6th IEEE International Symposium on Medical Information and Communication Technology,La Jolla, USA, 25–29 March 2012
- Deena M Barakah, Ayman M Alrobia, Sami Alwakeel . “ Strategic Plan and Development Projects for Modern Health Clinical Information Systems at King Saud Medical City” , International Journal of Information and Electronics Engineering, Vol. 4, No. 4, July 2014, PP 317–324
- D M Barakah & Mohammad S. Al Hasan, Sami Alwakeel, “Information Technology Adoption and Literacy in Health Care Practice: A Case Study” International Conference on Software & Information Systems (ICSIS 2015), May 9–10, 2015.. Also published in Journal of Advances in Information Technology Vol. 6, No. 1, February 2015
- D M Barakah & Manal M. Shira, Sami Alwakeel, “Information Technologies Adoption in Medical Education, Research and Advancement Clinical Treatment at King Saud Medical City” International Conference on Software & Information Systems (ICSIS 2015), May 9–10, 2015. Also published in the Journal of Advances in Information Technology Vol. 6, No. 2, May 2015
- D M Barakah, “Integrating Dental Working Experience in Development of a Dental Clinic Database System for a General Tertiary Hospital” , 2016 International Conference on Computational Science and Computational Intelligence (CSCI'16); Health Informatics and Medical Systems Symposium. December 15–17, 2016, Las Vegas, USA
- Deena M. Barakah, Sami Alwakeel and Manal Shira, “The Impact of Advanced E-Clinical Systems and IT-based Technologies on Medical Practice at Saudi Tertiary Hospitals” , 2017 IEEE International Conference on Power, Control, Signals and Instrumentation Engineering (ICPCSI). 21 Sep - 22 Sep 2017, Chennai, India
- Barakah, Deena M. ; Haifa M. A. Barakah; Reem S. Alwakeel ; “A Study of Evidence-Based Practice Level, Knowledge and Implementation amongst Health Care Practitioners in Riyadh City Hospitals’; Proceedings of the 2018 International Conference on Health Informatics & Medical Systems (HIMS'18), July28-2 August 2018, Las Vegas USA
- Reem Sami Alwakeel; Mohammed Awawdeh; Deena Mahmoud Barakah “Measurement accuracy of space analysis by smart phone applications for orthodontic purposes: a comparison study with conventional plaster dental models”; International Journal of Applied Dental Sciences; Vol.4, No,3: 2018; PP 314–322
- Barakah, Deena M. ; “Evidence-Based Practice Awareness And Knowledge Levels among Health Care Practitioners in Saudi Tertiary Hospitals” ; IOSR Journal of Dental and Medical Sciences, Volume 18, Issue 1 (January. 2019), PP 81–86
Books and book chapters
- Manal Shira, Noura Aljohani, Deena Barakah, Faiza Alwaeel ; دليلك للتعامل مع طفل التوحد في عيادة الاسنان , your Guide for handling Autistic child at Dental Clinic, 2014 ISBN No. 978-603-01-6567-4 King Fahd National library.
- D M Barakah & M. Ammad-uddin, A chapter titled : “ A Virtual Doctor Server Based BAN Architecture for Health care service” in the book titled “ Handbook of Medical and Healthcare Technologies “ editors : Prof. Borko Furht; Agarwal, Ankur; Springer publishing company, November 30, 2013. ISBN 978-1-4614-8495-0
- A paper on the Book : Health Informatics & Medical Systems :The 2018 WorldComp International Conference Proceedings ; Editor(s): Hamid R. Arabnia, Leonidas Deligiannidis, Fernando G. Tinetti, Quoc-Nam Tran ; CSREA PRESS, USA ; December 31, 2018. ISBN 978-1601324795