King Solomon Academy
This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (March 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|King Solomon Academy|
|Department for Education URN||135242 Tables|
|Headteacher||Max Haimendorf (Primary and Secondary)|
|Age||3 to 18|
King Solomon Academy is a non-selective, non-denominational, mixed all-through school within the English academy programme, located in Marylebone, London. It occupies the site of the former Rutherford School.
The primary school opened in September 2007 and the secondary school opened in September 2009. The school is an all-through school with pupils from 3–18 years with the primary school feeding directly into the secondary. It has sixty pupils in each year. The school is partly modelled on the successful KIPP program which originated in the US.
The curriculum focuses on depth before breadth with a strong emphasis on English and Mathematics.
In December 2008 Ofsted conducted a monitoring visit and rated the Academy as 'outstanding'.
In December 2009 Ofsted conducted a full inspection and rated the school outstanding.
- "About King Solomon Academy". Archived from the original on 2009-07-31. Retrieved 2009-07-12.
- Historic England. "Marylebone Lower House North Westminster Community School (1119735)". National Heritage List for England. Retrieved 3 December 2016.
- "Secondary Curriculum". Retrieved 2009-07-12.
- "King Solomon Academy – Ofsted". Retrieved 2009-07-12.
- Charity Commission. Ark Schools, registered charity no. 1111608.
- Charity Commission. Ark, registered charity no. 1095322.
- Moorhead, Joanna (29 March 2010). "The youngest headteacher in the country". Retrieved 7 June 2016.
- "King Solomon Academy rated as best school in the country – Ark". Retrieved 7 June 2016.