King World News
||This article has been nominated to be checked for its neutrality. (March 2015)|
King World News is a web portal that produces radio-like interviews and information about financial topics, with particular attention given to the precious metals markets. Created by financial writer Eric King, every week the site produces interviews with individuals in the industry, including a “weekly metals wrap” with returning guests Bill Haynes and Dan Norcini. The website also features additional written commentary from interviewees.
After King posted an interview with London Bullion Market Association trader and whistleblower Andrew Maguire on April 30, 2010, the site was the victim of a distributed denial of service attack, bringing the site down for a period of time.
Filling a void in financial reporting
Eric King created King World News (KWN) in 2009 to fill a void he saw in mainstream journalism's lack of coverage of essential information about financial markets. Each week, King conducts interviews with important people from business and finance. KWN has interviewed Eric Sprott, Lord Christopher Monckton, Robert D. Arnott, Chris Whalen, James G. Rickards, James Turk, Jean-Marie Eveillard, Rick Santelli, Marc Faber, Harry Markopolos, Art Cashin (director of floor operations for UBS Financial Services), and many more.
Financial news scoops
On March 30, 2010, King posted an interview with Andrew Maguire and Adrian Douglas about Maguire's allegations about alleged fraud in the silver market. It was the first interview given by Maguire, who had informed the U.S. Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC) about manipulation in the silver market. He was not invited to speak at the CFTC hearing on March 25, 2010 and so he went public with his information,. His allegations were presented at the hearing by Bill Murphy.
However, the following day, Maguire and his wife were the victims of a hit-and-run accident in London, England. Maguire and his wife were released from the hospital with minor injuries the next day. Several media interviews were lined up, but following the hearing and the accident, all were abruptly cancelled, leaving KWN to have the first interview with Maguire. The KWN website was brought down by a distributed denial of service after King posted the interview with Maguire and Douglas.
Days after posting the interview with Maguire and Douglas, King posted a second interview with Douglas, accompanied by Harvey Organ and his son, Lenny Organ. Lenny Organ spoke of his visit to the only bullion bank in Canada, which he requested because he wanted to see that it actually contained the gold and silver said to be there. He was let inside and was shocked at how little gold and silver was there. He was able to estimate how much he saw because of the orderly way it was stacked up and Douglas estimated the amount to be approximately $100 million worth of gold, just one-tenth of the $1 billion sold by the Royal Canadian Mint in 2008.
- "Eric King explains why King World News is needed these days" Digg. Retrieved May 10, 2011
- Eric King, New Year 2010 projections (mp3) King World News (January 10, 2010). Retrieved May 10, 2011
- "Haynes, Arensberg on King World News" (August 28, 2010). Retrieved May 9, 2011
- Tyler Durden, "Eric King Interviews Whistleblower Andrew Maguire And Adrian Douglas Of GATA" Zero Hedge (March 30, 2010). Retrieved May 9, 2011
- E-mails from Andrew Maguire detailing fraud to the CFTC King World News (January 26, 2010 - February 9, 2010). Retrieved May 4, 2011
- Michael Gray, "Ex-Goldman trader blows whistle on silver and gold manipulation by JPMorgan, HSBC" New York Post (April 11, 2010). Retrieved May 5, 2011
- Michael Gray, "JPMorgan 'chase' story in UK" New York Post (March 29, 2010). Retrieved May 6, 2011
- "Manipulating Gold and Silver: A Criminal Naked Short Position that Could Wreck the Economy" DeepCapture.com (April 2, 2010). Retrieved May 6, 2011
- "Interview: Harvey Organ, Lenny Organ, Adrian Douglas" King World News (April 7, 2010)
- Tyler Durden, "The Latest Gold Fraud Bombshell: Canada's Only Bullion Bank Gold Vault Is Practically Empty" Zero Hedge (April 7, 2010). Retrieved May 11, 2011